Questions about Disney Dining Plan

BoVance

Finding Mickey
I have invited my family to join us on our next Disney Adventure (Thanksgiving 2019) . There will be 12 in our group and I have secured our rooms with my DVC points. Each room is a seperate reservation and and each room has its own reservation number. My question is:
1. One room would like to get the Disney Dining Plan and the other two rooms will pay as we go. Can we do that?
2. I also have a Tables in Wonderland Card. Can I use that with the rest of the group that is not on DDP?
3. I'm going to link our reservations and make all dining reservations. How would that work with 4 of 12 on the DDP?

Thanks,

Yes, only one room can get the dining plan.

Tables is good only for up to 10 people, I think I'd leave the DDP people on one check then use TiW for the other eight.

No issues creating the reservations, when you are seated the server will ask if anyone is on the dining plan.

I have invited my family to join us on our next Disney Adventure (Thanksgiving 2019) . There will be 12 in our group and I have secured our rooms with my DVC points. Each room is a seperate reservation and and each room has its own reservation number. My question is:
1. One room would like to get the Disney Dining Plan and the other two rooms will pay as we go. Can we do that?
2. I also have a Tables in Wonderland Card. Can I use that with the rest of the group that is not on DDP?
3. I'm going to link our reservations and make all dining reservations. How would that work with 4 of 12 on the DDP?

Thanks,
Since they are separate reservations you can mix and match DDP. Has the group that wants the DDP done the math to make sure it is the best deal for them?

You can use TIW for up to ten guests, but you'll need to be the one to pay for it. Your guests can reimburse you if they will be paying later on.

Thank for the info. I have another question. We've not used the dining plan in many years. We have an 8yr old going. She eats what we eat, no kids plates. I think I read she had to order from the child's menu. Is this correct or can she order from the regular menu? Second question, what if we are eating a buffet restaurant. Can she get food from the buffet or does it have to be from the child's buffet?

Thank for the info. I have another question. We've not used the dining plan in many years. We have an 8yr old going. She eats what we eat, no kids plates. I think I read she had to order from the child's menu. Is this correct or can she order from the regular menu? Second question, what if we are eating a buffet restaurant. Can she get food from the buffet or does it have to be from the child's buffet?
She will need to order from the children's menu. But she can get any food she likes at buffets or all you care to eat locations.

Yet another Question:
I read that Table Service meals came with your choice of alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage. I also read that alcoholic drinks are offered at Tuskar House but were not included in the dining plans. Is an alcoholic drink provided?????

My question did not come out quite right!
Let me try again.
Is an alcoholic drink include on the dining plan if the restaurants serve alcohol?

One thing to consider: It's not that much more of a stretch to go from regular dining plan to deluxe dining plan. That would give the guests in the one room 3 table credits per day instead of just 1 table credit and 1 quick service. They are allowed to share deluxe dining plan credits with anybody they like (this is not a cheat, it's an element of the plan).

If they are only planning to get a regular dining plan, and you were to pay the difference between the regular plan and the deluxe plan, there would be more than enough "extra" credits to make that worth the cost.

For example of the value of what I'm suggesting, let's say that you are going for seven nights.

The regular plan is 75.51/adult and 27.99/child: 3 adults, 1 child x 7 nights = $1781.64 and provides for 28 table service credits and 28 quick meal credits.
The deluxe plan is $116.26/adult and $43.50/child again 3 adults, 1 child x 7 = $2745.96 and provides for 84 table service credits.

For the remaining 8 of you, even if you allowed the 4 in the room to use a table service for BOTH of their daily allotted meals, that would yield 28 credits, or 3.5 of your meals, for under $1000.00. 3.5 table service meals for 8 people at Disney for under a grand? That might just be a bargain. If you made a deal with the DDP family to leverage the other 28 credits that is the difference between quick service and full meals (pay cash for some of their quick meals in exchange for using their credits at table service meals)? That could be a real bargain.

Again, I'm not advocating breaking any rules. The ability to use deluxe credits shared between guests not staying in the room is a feature of the plan.

Here's a discussion of just what I'm suggesting officially from Disney
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/deluxe-dining-plan-dont-meals-301679/

Last edited:
One thing to consider: It's not that much more of a stretch to go from regular dining plan to deluxe dining plan. That would give the guests in the one room 3 table credits per day instead of just 1 table credit and 1 quick service. They are allowed to share deluxe dining plan credits with anybody they like (this is not a cheat, it's an element of the plan).

If they are only planning to get a regular dining plan, and you were to pay the difference between the regular plan and the deluxe plan, there would be more than enough "extra" credits to make that worth the cost.

For example of the value of what I'm suggesting, let's say that you are going for seven nights.

The regular plan is 75.51/adult and 27.99/child: 3 adults, 1 child x 7 nights = $1781.64 and provides for 28 table service credits and 28 quick meal credits.
The deluxe plan is $116.26/adult and $43.50/child again 3 adults, 1 child x 7 = $2745.96 and provides for 84 table service credits.

For the remaining 8 of you, even if you allowed the 4 in the room to use a table service for BOTH of their daily allotted meals, that would yield 28 credits, or 3.5 of your meals, for under $1000.00. 3.5 table service meals for 8 people at Disney for under a grand? That might just be a bargain. If you made a deal with the DDP family to leverage the other 28 credits that is the difference between quick service and full meals (pay cash for some of their quick meals in exchange for using their credits at table service meals)? That could be a real bargain.

Again, I'm not advocating breaking any rules. The ability to use deluxe credits shared between guests not staying in the room is a feature of the plan.

Here's a discussion of just what I'm suggesting officially from Disney
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/deluxe-dining-plan-dont-meals-301679/

We do something similar to the above when we split stay. We'll buy the deluxe plan on the first leg of the trip (and no dining plan for the last leg). Let's say we're staying 6 nights, 3 nights in different locations each. If we buy the deluxe plan for the first 3 nights, then that's good for 4 nights because it's good all day on checkout day (day 1 in the new resort). So, we front load our dining into the first four days of the trip, and brown bag the last two.

We actually do this very frequently. DW doesn't like to split stay so much, but this is a benefit that offsets the hassle of moving. And by adding it to our ways to use DVC, it opens us up to split stays more. If you're willing to split stay, the 7 month window starts to work far more often than if you're not willing to do so.

This dining strategy is the incentive we use to justify split stays and that in turn has made the 7 month window "work" for us more often.

Just to round out this idea: if we can't make an even split (we're doing 4 nights/2 nights instead of 3/3), we try to make the first leg of the trip the longer leg. If we end up splitting 4/2 and do the dining plan on the front end, then that covers 5 of our 6 night stay.

Last edited:
@BoVance - Here is another good thread to watch:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...o-share-post-your-actual-experiences.3727863/

There have been consistent reports that people have NOT been allowed to share credits at both 50’s Prime Time and Hollywood & Vine. Others have reported one-off restaurants occasionally declining sharing credits. The fact is that there is currently no specific language which prohibits sharing credits. However, for some reason managers at those two specific locations have not allowed it. Anyhow, I am considering getting the DxDP for one room, first half of a split stay so, I am watching this very closely myself. The good thing with DVC is that you can wait until very close to your trip (I think 72 hours?) to add the DP.

Also remember that for quick service meals, a credit is a credit whether for a child or adult. So you can get 3 adult meals for 2 adults and a child, or share plates.

Also remember that for quick service meals, a credit is a credit whether for a child or adult. So you can get 3 adult meals for 2 adults and a child, or share plates.

And DxDDP doesn’t recognize child/adult credits right now.

You can use TIW for up to ten guests, but you'll need to be the one to pay for it. Your guests can reimburse you if they will be paying later on.
when i use my TIW they let my parents use their credit card also if they want to chip in. we tell them how much on each credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts