Questions about early booking tomorrow

chloe77

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what time the phones open?

Do trips sell out on day 1? I’m an insider, booking tomorrow, hoping for Australia in the first week of August 2020. I can’t call until later in the day. Will the price likely go up or even sell out?

And any recommendations for travel insurance or should I go with Disney for that?

Thanks!

Does anyone know what time the phones open?

Do trips sell out on day 1? I’m an insider, booking tomorrow, hoping for Australia in the first week of August 2020. I can’t call until later in the day. Will the price likely go up or even sell out?

And any recommendations for travel insurance or should I go with Disney for that?

Thanks!
I would say it's unlikely that the Australia trip sells out day 1. It's usually the new trips that sell out. It's *possible* the price may go up, but again, since Australia is such an established trip, I wouldn't expect it to be crazy. It's possible the Early Booking discounts may be gone by the time you call, because there's so few of those per departure. Again, this is all speculation, but that's been my experience booking non-brand-new trips.

Sayhello

Hi. Does anybody know the time booking closes tomorrow? Will not be able to call until after work. Thanks!

A little disheartened to see that it's not 8 am yet and some of the prices have already gone up since yesterday. Opening for Egypt went from $7249 pp to $7849 and its not even supposed to be open yet...

Glad I had my TA make my Italy reservation this AM. We got the initial pricing, but the departure is now listed as waitlist. The trip is the week after Easter 2020.

A little disheartened to see that it's not 8 am yet and some of the prices have already gone up since yesterday. Opening for Egypt went from $7249 pp to $7849 and its not even supposed to be open yet...

That... is very suspicious, isn't it? What would cause it? Private groups taking a date shouldn't change the ones that are still open to the general public so... what gives? :confused3

It's too late now, but I'm pretty sure the phones open at 8 AM Eastern Time.
I got on hold this morning at 6:30 AM Pacific Time.
Fortunately we were booking an established trip (Greece 2020) and still got the early booking discount.

:eek::eek:

Sayhello

4 hours on hold and my Australia dates are sold out. How likely is it that the waitlist will move? Do people hold today and release or will these reservations (since we are insiders) be unlikely to move?

4 hours on hold and my Australia dates are sold out. How likely is it that the waitlist will move? Do people hold today and release or will these reservations (since we are insiders) be unlikely to move?
With a 10% nonrefundable deposit, it is unlikely that people will release reservation unless they have to.

I disagree- people have 14 days where they can cancel and get there money back. so I wouldn't be surprised if there is movement. I think everyone was going crazy for reservations today and there will be a lot of changes. Sometimes ABD also adds more space etc. Did they tell you if you were only one on waitlist?

:eek::eek:

I think it's likely that some people booked to give themselves time to think, and might bail before they hit the 14 day deadline for the deposit. But who knows. It couldn't hurt to get on the waitlist.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted. :(

Sayhello

In unbelievable news, the person I talked to today was wrong about availability!! I read something on the ABD Insiders Facebook page just now about someone getting incorrect information from their vacationista this morning. The guy I talked to was not particularly friendly or helpful and my gut told me to call back and double check, and after a wait time of only 5 minutes (after 4 hours this morning!) I talked to someone who found my wait list reservation, apologized, said the person I talked to was wrong and the trip is not in wait list status, and we are now booked!! I'm so excited, got the early booking discount and the pricing that was shown yesterday, it hasn't gone up. What a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter