Questions About HIFS Rooms...

kasey710

Earning My Ears
Hi - my family and I are staying at HIFS in alittle more than 6 weeks (YEAH!!) and I have a couple of questions:

I requested a Disney themed room. Does any one know how many and which themes the Disney suites are? Also, where they are located in the resort.

And.... (sorry, lots of question :) ) is there anywhere I can find a map of the layout of the resort as far as room numbers go? I request a brochure and map from the resort a couple of months ago and never received it.

Any hints on the room #'s I should request is greatly appreciated :) :)

btw - we are a family of 5: Myself, DH, DS's ages 8 and 6 and DD age 4 )

we have also booked to stay at the HIFI on the 13 dec / 26 dec .so i'd be very interested in any replys.

We stayed there in March and are returning in November. I'm afraid I can't help you with the room numbers, but the various themes are scattered throughout the resort. I believe that the majority of the rooms around the "0 depth" pool are kidsuites and I have heard that buildings 7 and 8 are the most convenient to the lobby/activity area. I would suggest a 2nd floor room. You don't get the walk by traffic that you get on the 1st floor and it's an easy walk down to the pool. In summary, simply request a Disney themed suite in building 7 or 8 on the second floor. Unfortunately, the more you specify the harder it will be to fufill your request. The Disney theme is assorted characters and each suite of that theme is the same. Hope this helps! What dates are you going to be there? We're staying November 16-20.

We'll be arriving the night of Nov. 23 and leaving the morning of Dec. 1.

I've never been to Fla. in the end of Nov. so I don't know if we'll even be wanting to swim outside (coming from Michigan I have a hard time with the concept of swimming after Thanksgiving :D ) So I'm not sure if we really want to be that close to the pool anyway but I will definitely keep your advice in mind - Thanks!!

I just wish I could get a hold of a map of the layout .

Just looked and saw you were from Troy!! What a small world :) :) My DH and I lived near 15 and Livernois for 12 years. Now we're in Macomb Twp. (my info on the side isn't updated :/ )

We're at 16 and John R! Let me know if you have any other questions about HIFS. We really enjoyed our stay there. It's a great "family vacation"!

We're really looking forward to staying there - I've heard such great feedback :)

Did you use the resort transportation or did you drive to the parks? I think we will probably drive (we're driving down, so we'll have our van) but if the transportation is decent we might try it a couple of times to save the parking time and fee.

I still wish I could get a hold of a layout of the resort so I could figure out the room request.

We had a rental car and drove to the parks, as DD is 2 and when she's ready for a nap...we've got to go pronto! Other guests commented that the shuttles ran on time. The schedule is on their website. Try to work in some down time as they really do offer lots of activities at the resort, both poolside and in the lobby area. Lets both pray for nice weather!

hey kasey710 maybe I will see you there I will be arriving and leaving on the same exact dates. Maybe I will see you there. We stayed there last March and loved it. If you can't get buildings 7 or 10 be sure to get one near the zero-depth pool. We were on the otherside with the lap pool and it was a long walk to go swimming with our 6,4, & 1 year old.
Have a great trip!!

Wow - no kidding tink? I already requested the Disney room but I just wanted to see where in the resort I wanted to request our room - thanks for the link - I'm going to go there now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter