Questions about RPR club level

wmoon

DIS Veteran
We are settled on spending 7 nights in Universal next July. Originally I was very keen to book HRH but RPR is much cheaper. With a long stay is club level good value? It works out about an extra £60 per night (still cheaper than a basic room in HRH) and there will be 2 adults and a 10 year old. I was thinking that we would save spending money, not bothered about saving the full £60 if it is also a lovely experience.
Are all the rooms close to the lounge?
Is it ever overcrowded?
We've done club level in Disneyland Paris and I did in Vienna but never in the US.
Schumigirl I'm just working my way through your excellent trip report which is what gave me the idea.
Any advice would be really welcome.

Club level is in T3 on 7th floor. Most people who have Club have their room there. Technically you can have Club added to any room in the hotel if available. We prefer the 6th floor though.

In 2015 it was arranged for us to have an upgraded room in T1 but we still had Club, was only a few minutes walk to get there. But, you would almost certainly be on the same floor and it's very convenient.

We've only seen the Club Lounge really full a couple of times, we've never struggled to get a table at any time.

As to whether it's worth it or not for you, I couldn't say.

It is a nice experience and the staff are just lovely. Like all staff they are so friendly and very helpful.

We have stayed Club Level in both the Disneyland Hotel Paris and Newport Bay Paris.......they were nice too.

I would definitely recommend the RPR Club Level.......and glad you're enjoying the trip report......recently added all the pictures back in again after Photobucket removed them all, wasn't the same without pictures........:D

Any questions, ask away........

Club level is in T3 on 7th floor. Most people who have Club have their room there. Technically you can have Club added to any room in the hotel if available. We prefer the 6th floor though.

In 2015 it was arranged for us to have an upgraded room in T1 but we still had Club, was only a few minutes walk to get there. But, you would almost certainly be on the same floor and it's very convenient.

We've only seen the Club Lounge really full a couple of times, we've never struggled to get a table at any time.

As to whether it's worth it or not for you, I couldn't say.

It is a nice experience and the staff are just lovely. Like all staff they are so friendly and very helpful.

We have stayed Club Level in both the Disneyland Hotel Paris and Newport Bay Paris.......they were nice too.

I would definitely recommend the RPR Club Level.......and glad you're enjoying the trip report......recently added all the pictures back in again after Photobucket removed them all, wasn't the same without pictures........:D

Any questions, ask away........
Thanks.
That is really helpful. I know value is subjective but I'm thinking experience combined with breakfast, a few glasses of wine and some snacks and drinks for ds should do it in my mind anyway.
Your report answered a fair few of my questions such as transport between hotels and ease of walking to Sapphire Falls, I think ds would love that pool too.
I loved all you HHN photos but 1 ds is too wee and being a teacher I'm tied to the good old Scottish school holidays.
Thanks again I'm sure I'll have lots of questions before we go.

We are staying club level at RPR in December. We will have our 23 year old daughter and our 10 year old daughter with us so I think club level will be a good value for us, especially with the evening snacks and wine and beer. For us, it works out to less than $25 per person per day for club.

Question for schumigirl, macraven, etc.: our oldest daughter is a vegetarian. Is the club able to accommodate vegetarians for evening snacks? She will want sushi downstairs probably most evenings but I would like for her to be able to enjoy a few of the snacks in the lounge.

The apps and salads would be fitting for most vegetarians, main dishes, not sure.
Last time I was was there, thought there was a pasta dish for the evening

With many that are vegetarians, the onsite hotels generally have provisions for those individuals.

The menu rotates during the week and I know most vegetarians are able to have some food/snacks with out an issue.

The snacks during the day are nothing special.
chips, pretzels, type of offerings are out in the afternoons besides the beverages.

You can call concierge desk and ask to be transfered to the club lounge.
The TM there can let you know what the menu will be about maybe one week out in advance.
If that has changed and they know the monthly menu schedule, better for you in gaining info in advance.

Last time I was there, the menu was available in advance for the week.

Your daughter will absolutely love the sushi in the lobby set up.
believe it is from 5:00 to ? (maybe 8)

Took one of my sons there for a "light snack" before dinner hour and the sushi set me back $50.....

The main hot choice is usually vegetarian maybe twice in the weeks rotation. But they will accommodate if you let them know you need a veggie choice daily. We saw separate options delivered for someone who had special dietary requirements on a few occasions. They are very good at dealing with it.

Have to say the veg main option never looked great to us. But salads and everything else are always lovely.

Orchids opens at 5pm for Sushi and serves I think till 10 or 10.30. We went in last year just after 10ish and we were last to be served.

We've never had them accommodate us as vegetarians, but then we've never asked them to do so. We do eat cheese so things are adequate. We don't rely on them to provide a hot meal.

Thanks, everyone! I think I will call the club lounge the day before we arrive and ask if they can accommodate us with a vegetarian option for our daughter.

Suggest you call one week in advance before arrival.

What I was told when I stayed club, the menus are set up at least one week in advance.
Then the staff do a count of the number of peeps that booked club.
They order the food a week in advance based on the numbers

Easier to let them know you will have a vegetarian in your group.

Now if this system has changed, no idea....

All booked. Club level for 7 days next year.

I think you'll really enjoy it. What's great about club level is that it takes a lot of uncertainty away. Just wake up, go have breakfast...they have a fancy pancake machine. Then come back for afternoon snacks. Then evening hot snacks/light meal. Then dessert.

If you're super adventurous and like to try every single restaurant on City Walk and stuff and only come back to the hotel to sleep then you might not get a lot of value out of Club but we really like it.

I think you'll really enjoy it. What's great about club level is that it takes a lot of uncertainty away. Just wake up, go have breakfast...they have a fancy pancake machine. Then come back for afternoon snacks. Then evening hot snacks/light meal. Then dessert.

If you're super adventurous and like to try every single restaurant on City Walk and stuff and only come back to the hotel to sleep then you might not get a lot of value out of Club but we really like it.
Thanks. Ds will love the pancake machine.
I think club level will really suit us, we'll still do a bit of eating out when we are out and about but I'm also fancying a fair bit of hotel time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!