Questions about the Fantasmic Dinner Package

sncbird

<font color=blue>I need a Starbucks Latte!<br><fon
Hi,
We're planning our 1st trip to WDW this Oct.
From what I've read, the Fantasmic Dinner looks fantastic!!! I would like to know more info. about it. I don't know anything except that is sounds great!!! What does it include? How do you make ressies for it? Also, is the special viewing area OK for a person in an EVC or wheelchair?

Thanks for your input!!!

I haven't done it yet , but...
You can make Fantasmic Dinner Package Reservations through YOUR HOTEL guest services or concierge (NOT CRO or WDW Dining) as early as 7 days in advance. You are supposed to only be able to make the reservation if you are already on site in Orlando (not from home by phone) BUT some say they have made them from home. It just seems to depend on who answers the phone at guest services at your hotel.
Dinner is available at Holly Wood and VIne, Mama Melrose and Brown Derby. Everyone in your dinner party must order an entree. Your hostess will give you a pass for a special entrance to Fantasmic. The reserved seating is on the right side of the theater. Handicapped seating is at the back of the theater. I don't know how they handle this or if the package is still a good idea for someone using a WC or ECV.
Any other info.?

Hi sncbird!

I will add to what Puffy2 posted. We did this in July and it was wonderful. We had to use the Fantasmic reserved seating on the night that we ate at Mama Melrose's,(great food). This may be different in October. Ask about that when you reserve. We also had to make our reservations from Orlando not from home. This may be different off-season too. It is definetly worth it because you are taken in at the exit and you do not have to wait for an hour or more in the regular line, (good for us with 3 boys under 6 and one in the wheelchair). The seating is to the right and wheelchairs and ECV's were seated in the back. The view was great (I have heard that there are no bad seats at Fantasmic). Some have said that the handicapped areas can get full so that you cannot sit together as a family but we think that having the reserved seating helped with that. We all got to sit together and it was my favorite attraction. Down a bit on this board is another thread about Fantamic packages and you may want to read it as well. My husband, (dadsagoof), posted to that thread about our experience and there are some posts about being careful or waiting as you exit with the masses, especially with wheelchairs! You will have a blast! Whatever you do, if you haven't seen it don't miss it! If you have any other questions that were not answered, just ask!

poohcloud.gif

Thank you so much for your responses. If we see it, I will definetly do the dinner package. I am a little nervous about the crowds. Our children will be 4 & 5 when we go. But if everyone says it worth it then I think we'll go for it!!!

just one add on note about the crowds. We went and loved it but the crowds were a challenge (and we went at a quiet time in Sept). We had a wheelchair with us and when we got there all the wheelchair spots on the right side where the dinner package people go were gone. There was one cast member that let us put the wheelchair at the end of the row we were on. Then another cast member told us we had to move it. She told me the other cast member was new and did not know but this was blocking an entrance and was not allowed. After some discussion between the two cast members they agreed that the wheelchair could stay.

I guess my tip is don't be like us and get there on time. Get there early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter