Questions about the parks during Mother's Day

sweetp267

Mouseketeer
I have tentatively reserved our trip from May 6 to May 14. For some reason I thought that Mother's day fell on the following Sunday. Obviously it is the 11th this year not the 18th. My question is will we see a big increase in attendance for the day itself not to mention the weekend itself. Is there a trend to one park over the other? I think I read somewhere that the MK is usually the park of choice for Mother's day itself. Can I also assume that getting a table at some of the finer restaurants will be a challenge on Sunday? It just so happens that our anniversary is on Mother's day this year and I wanted to possibly have dinner at the California Grill.

I just wanted to see if anyone out there has been there in previous years to get some idea of what to expect and if I should make my dinner ressies ASAP and what park(s) to avoid.

Thanks to all

Jon

Mother's Day doesn't have any major effect on the crowds or restaurants. Early May is moderate in terms of crowds since many people hesitate to take kids out of school as the year is ending. It is the Flower & Garden Festival time at Epcot. They usually give a flower to the mothers on Mother's Day.

I was there last year on Mothers Day. No noticable increase on that Sunday. They were handing out Carnations. The only increase I saw was people on there cell phones wishing their moms a happy day. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!