Questions about Vow Renewal

DVCajun

<font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong
DH and I have dreamed of renewing our vows at WDW on our 10th wedding anniversary (we have been married for 8 years). I have a few questions for you experts out there-- I don't want to call Disney about it quite yet as we really don't know what we want to do.

First of all, from what I've read here and on the official site and Andrea's site, there are only a couple of options (intimate and custom) and both have minimum price tags that include accommodations. I am a DVC member and would not need accommodations. Does anyone know if we can do our little ceremony without any of the extras like accommodations and tickets, etc?

Also, while I'd love to do this, it does make me wonder if it's worth spending all the money on a "moment" -- I mean, we're already married, so it's not even a moment that will result in a life change! I am torn-- I want to do it because our wedding was very basic and boring (we were broke and went to the courthouse!!) and I'd love to replace those memories. But on the other hand, $3500 is a rather steep price to pay for Disney's services when I think we could do something privately in the World for basically nothing!

Any thoughts?

I've looked into the renewal extensively - actually had the pavilion booked for ours but had to cancel due to unrelated family issues. They do offer an add-on package for us DVCers. It was $2900 for the ceremony at the pavilion with the reception at the GF. If you opted for a ceremony at Sunset Point/WL/Boardwalk the add-on was approx. $2,100.

I know exactly what you mean about the cost of a moment (which has already happened). We too had a very informal house wedding. I never had the gown or got to walk down the isle. Something I truly want to do. Last year I purchased my gown (after 18+ years of marriage). It still hangs in the closet and I know I'll get to wear it soon either at WDW or on the cruise.

Happy planning!

I'm also thinking about a renewal,and I'm a DVC'er,

Renee can you explain the reception you would have a the GF, what does it include for food, for how many people minimum etc.

Thank you much!
Tinkandme

Sure, I'd be happy to. The price I quoted above was for an intimate ceremony (which is no more than 10 including bride and groom). The reception is a cake and champagne reception held on the Commander's Terrace at the GF. It was small and intimate taking about 30 minutes. The total add on package was for the ceremony, flowers for bride and groom, violin/flutist or guitar player for the ceremony and reception and a 4 hour limo.

Hope that helps. If I can answer anything else please let me know.

Thank You Renee!
It sound worth it. I bet your gown will look beautiful on you!
A vow renewal sounds so romantic, not only are you celebrating for your future
but the past as well. Thanks Again:)

Tinkandme

Just an idea ---

Although it may not have that "wedding" feel many of you seem to want for the renewal, it might be possible to do something right at DVC. I once stumbled on a site where a couple (non-DVC, they paid cash) booked a GV at OKW and held their wedding right in the GV. They made their own arrangements for an officiant and food/drink. Maybe you could consider a "do-it-yourself" vow renewal in one of the GV's with friends & family.

Call me silly but I want to ride in Cinderella's couch to my 25th wedding anniversary vow renewal. My daughter will be 10 and it would be a thrill for her to ride with me, all dressed in a long gown. I want a candelight ceremony and a reception with fireworks. I also would love a "theme" wedding. Gee, if only I could win the lottery.....but where else can I dream like this? I've got six years to save....cross your fingers for me....and maybe I can hit the lottery!;)

DVCajun, I too want to wish to renew my wedding vows for our 10th anniversary. Thanks for the great questions. I'm also a DVC BW owner. Our 10th is coming up in Feb. 2003. When's yours?

Cindy72, our 10th is 7.23.03. Just a few months apart! I love the BWV so much I'd kind of like to do something there, on the veranda. I saw a wedding party being photographed there once and I just sighed with envy.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts