Questions for anyone who has booked a Grand Gathering?

mommystieg

<font color=green>Now understands that the one stu
Does anyone have some good advice on how to do this? We want to book the fireworks cruise for our trip in early June. The WDW website says that you can book it up to 90 days out but of course we all know that there are no hours or fireworks schedules posted yet for June. I read somewhere that the cruises were offered on Mondays and Saturdays. My questions are:
-Did you just call 90 days from the day you hoped to get the cruise or were you able to find out 90 days ahead of time the schedule?
-What phone number did you call?
I called the number on the website(407WDWMAGIC)and the CM there told me to call this number when I was ready to book it and then I would be transferred to the Grand Gatherings travel planners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated--we are taking DH's extended family and this will be the first (and possibly only)trip for all of them so I really want to show them the magic:D

We are going the same time you are and we are going to do some of the grand gathering events. I assume when you call to sch they will then set the cruise time to coincide with the fireworks and the EWP.

I wouldn't wait much past the 90 days to call.

I talked at length with the GG CM's last week and they said most of the events are filling up quite fast.

Just call and schedule it for the day you want to go. I would think they would have to have fireworks on the nights the cruise is scheduled.

I booked a fireworks cruise on the Grand 1 last week. I knew the Wishes schedule wasn't out yet but they did have a GG Fireworks Voyage schedule for that night so I knew there would be Wishes that night. Sure enough, I saw the schedule and Wishes is showing on May 24.

Have fun. :sunny:

Do you have to be registered as a Magical Gathering group before you can book a GG event? How far in advance can you register? If possible, I would like to register my group as soon as possible and then I'll only have to worry about booking the events 90 days out. What information is needed to register a group? I assume names and resort are required. Anything else? Thanks.

You need to be a group of 8 or more staying at a Disney resort. I would think you could register your group at any time to be able to take advantage of the GG events. When I registered our group they wanted everyone's name, age and address.

The breakfast is only offered 1 or 2 days a week and only at the 9:30 seating.

One thing I was told is that all GG parties of 8 or more would only get the first or last seating at any PS's they make as a group.

Originally posted by floridafam

One thing I was told is that all GG parties of 8 or more would only get the first or last seating at any PS's they make as a group.

Not quite....this policy is for "group dining" and refers to parties of 13 or more, but may be 11 at a very few restaurants. Grand Gatherings less than 13 (or 11 at some restaurants) may continue to use the regular PS line and be seated at any meal times. We did this in December...so unless they've changed it since then.... And if they have, you can just make regular PS and not hook it to your GG #.

Originally posted by Mike
Do you have to be registered as a Magical Gathering group before you can book a GG event? How far in advance can you register? If possible, I would like to register my group as soon as possible and then I'll only have to worry about booking the events 90 days out. What information is needed to register a group? I assume names and resort are required. Anything else? Thanks.

Yes, you must first be registered as a GG before you can book an event. That phone call will take a bit of time so do it before you plan to call for your GG events.

You can register your group when you make your reservations (must be party of 8 or more staying on site...actually only 80% of your party must be on-site, but they don't advertise that part) or any time after you have your reservations if you've already got them.

You need names, addresses, resorts, and ages of all party members.

-Did you just call 90 days from the day you hoped to get the cruise or were you able to find out 90 days ahead of time the schedule?
-What phone number did you call?

You can call the GG planners directly at 407-WDW-PLAN to register your group, make ressies, book events, etc.

You can reserve the GG events 90 days from the date you want to do them. I think that since they've designated Mon/Sat as the days for the cruises, there will definitely be fireworks those nights, but the times will vary. They'll tell you the time, or tell you to call back to get a definite time if it's not set.

For those asking about the Magical Gatherings Fireworks Voyage, it's awesome! And worth every penny, especially for Peter Pan fans!! Have fun!

Originally posted by kadaten
Not quite....this policy is for "group dining" and refers to parties of 13 or more, but may be 11 at a very few restaurants. Grand Gatherings less than 13 (or 11 at some restaurants) may continue to use the regular PS line and be seated at any meal times. We did this in December...so unless they've changed it since then.... And if they have, you can just make regular PS and not hook it to your GG #.

Wow--thanks for all the info. Now I have a few more questions for you. Our group of 15 is planning on doing a couple of meals together. We are registered as a GG so can I also do those PS's through the WDW PLAN number? Is it true about the first or last seating? We are planning on a dinner at Chef Mickey's and a lunch at Crystal Palace. TIA

Originally posted by mommystieg
Wow--thanks for all the info. Now I have a few more questions for you. Our group of 15 is planning on doing a couple of meals together. We are registered as a GG so can I also do those PS's through the WDW PLAN number? Is it true about the first or last seating? We are planning on a dinner at Chef Mickey's and a lunch at Crystal Palace. TIA

In September when I made all our ressies we were transferred to group dining to make those ressies or you can call yourself. I'll find the number tonight. Not sure yet if GG planners can do it for you...you can call them and if they can't they'll just transfer you over.

As for group dining....if you want to be guaranteed to be seated together, and go through group dining for your PS, you will only be offered PS during the first or last 20 minutes of seatings for that restaurant. So a restaurant that serves dinner from 5:00-10:00 pm has PS available 5:00-9:40pm. Group dining will only offer you PS between 5:00-5:20 or 9:20-9:40pm. I think those were my choices at Ohana? 1900 Park Faire is a little better...dinner only runs 5:00-8:00 so seating choices are 5:00-5:20 or 7:20-7:40 I believe. Just depends on the hours of the meal at each restaurant. Lunch hours aren't all that spread out, so your lunch shouldn't be too hard to do. As for dinner, I'm not sure how late Chef Mickey's goes...try and see what they offer you.

NOW...the 5-5:20 was too early for us and 9:20-9:40 was too late so here's what I did. I made 2 separate PS for the same time under 2 names (me and DH...and I think I had to use 2 separate phone numbers because the computer won't accept duplicate names and numbers for the same meal) using the regular WDW-DINE line. I made sure to arrive at the restaurant a little early (minimum 15 minutes) and check in for both PS....let the cast member at the podium know "we are together and would love to be seated together if at all possible. we're even willing to wait a little extra if that will help our chances of being seated together." YOU WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED TO BE SEATED TOGETHER THIS WAY AND THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD NOT *EXPECT* TO BE, but the CM's are usually happy to try to help you. We had to do this for 3 of our meals to get decent PS times and at all 3 we were seated together. The CM's never batted an eye and did everything they could to help :)

(DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE SPLIT PS THROUGH GROUP DINING. THERE IS ONE CM WHO IS VERY UNDISNEY (RUDE AND UNHELPFUL:mad: ) WHO WILL REFUSE TO HELP YOU AND NOT BE AT ALL NICE ABOUT IT. There don't seem to be many CM's answering the phones at Group Dining as I got her at least half the times I called :( You have been warned!

Good luck! Hope you guys have as much fun on your GG as we did!!
Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter