Questions for WDW Annual Pass Holders

MommyMeNDisney

DIS Veteran
1) is the pass based on a calendar year (January-December) or a rolling 12 months (a year from the date purchased)? If I purchase one today, is it good until August 1, 2016 or December 2015?

2) what % is the discount on resorts, dining and merchandise for annual pass holders?

1) is the pass based on a calendar year (January-December) or a rolling 12 months (a year from the date purchased)? If I purchase one today, is it good until August 1, 2016 or December 2015?

2) what % is the discount on resorts, dining and merchandise for annual pass holders?
It's good for 365 days. So a pass bought today would be good until this time next year.

The discount on resorts changes and sometimes AP discounts aren't available. To get a discount on dining, you have to buy the Tables in Wonderland card. It's been $75 to buy the card in the past but I'm not sure if that's gone up in the past few years. It offers a 20% discount on dining.

It's good for 365 days. So a pass bought today would be good until this time next year.

The discount on resorts changes and sometimes AP discounts aren't available. To get a discount on dining, you have to buy the Tables in Wonderland card. It's been $75 to buy the card in the past but I'm not sure if that's gone up in the past few years. It offers a 20% discount on dining.

Thank you.

A pass is 12months from when you first enter a park using it. If I buy one online today but then don't use it to enter a park until say November 1st, it lasts from November 1st for 12 months. When you buy online you get a voucher that you exchange for the pass when you enter a park.

Resort discounts vary depending on time of year and level resort and are not always available. They are normally a few percent higher than the current offer available to the public

Don't plan on having a dining discount, those went away a long time ago for the most part. They want you to buy into their Tables in Wonderland discount card which is $125, and has discount blackout dates. It will give 20% off of most TS locations, and a few QS locations as well. You don't break even and start to see the discounts with TiW until you've spent around $500 on meals. We were TiW members for years, but we let it lapse a couple of years ago as it's just become yet another Disney money grab angle, it's definitely not a value add.

Rucifee, thanks for that information. I know I have been debating the TiW program. We like to do at least one character meal each trip, and now that my son is only a couple months from the 10 yr old (aka adult prices on buffets), I do wonder if it would be worth it (it wasn't when he was at child's price). I will run some numbers, but with at least 2 sit down meals, one of them a character meal each trip and we go 4-6 times a year, it would be close on TiW paying for itself.

Rucifee, thanks for that information. I know I have been debating the TiW program. We like to do at least one character meal each trip, and now that my son is only a couple months from the 10 yr old (aka adult prices on buffets), I do wonder if it would be worth it (it wasn't when he was at child's price). I will run some numbers, but with at least 2 sit down meals, one of them a character meal each trip and we go 4-6 times a year, it would be close on TiW paying for itself.

If you're going to do few TS meals with characters, it might pay for itself, you're right. Make sure you review the blackout list, you can find it here:

http://tablesinwonderland.com

You will have to scroll a bit, it's mixed into the benefits. I've pulled out the important bits:

Validity Dates:

**Victoria& Albert’s will honor Tables in Wonderland discount through July 31st, 2014. As of August 1st, 2014 the restaurant will no longer participate in Tables in Wonderland.

*Beginning August 1st 2014, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s, ‘Ohana (Dinner Only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, LeChefs de France, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and Le Cellier Steakhouse will be subject to the additional blockout weeks of: March 8-April 4, 2015; May 31-June 20, 2015; November 22-28, 2015 and December 20-26, 2015.

Blockout dates for Tables in Wonderland are Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Tables in Wonderland is valid for one year from date of purchase.

A pass is 12months from when you first enter a park using it. If I buy one online today but then don't use it to enter a park until say November 1st, it lasts from November 1st for 12 months. When you buy online you get a voucher that you exchange for the pass when you enter a park.

Resort discounts vary depending on time of year and level resort and are not always available. They are normally a few percent higher than the current offer available to the public

That's good to know, thanks! :)

Don't plan on having a dining discount, those went away a long time ago for the most part. They want you to buy into their Tables in Wonderland discount card which is $125, and has discount blackout dates. It will give 20% off of most TS locations, and a few QS locations as well. You don't break even and start to see the discounts with TiW until you've spent around $500 on meals. We were TiW members for years, but we let it lapse a couple of years ago as it's just become yet another Disney money grab angle, it's definitely not a value add.

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter