Questions on Grand Californian

Minybear

BCV/VGC Owner
I have reservations for Grand Californian with the DCA view and I have lots of questions.

1. Is there a certain view/location better then the other to request?

2. What type of bedding do they have. Double beds, Queen beds, King bed? Do they have king beds?

3. Would the standard view (courtyard) be also a good view? Since you are realy never in your room and the money you save can go for more suveners.

What do you think.

mmpaint.gif

<font size=5 color=#FF0000 face="Comic Sans MS">
<marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">I am going to
dl.gif
!</marquee></font>

Hi,

Just came from a vacation at GC.

I stayed in a room that had a view of California Adventure. The lights on all night. (What about the power shortage?). When the sliding glass door was shut it was quiet, but you could still see a lot. In the AM you saw the park come to life.

I had a king size bed, a couch, a table with 2 chairs.

I am not sure if there is much of a difference. I don't think I paid any difference.

The real sour points was some kid pulled the fire alarm on Tuesday night, they are short staffed everywhere, and they need to work out more of the problems of a new hotel.

Any more replys?

Its great to hear they have king bed. I will definatly call and request one. :D

mmpaint.gif

dl.gif
!</marquee></font>

bump again. Anyone out there.

mmpaint.gif

dl.gif
!</marquee></font>

We had a room that had 2 queen beds and very comfortable. Our room was over the Napa Rose and had a view of the Park and the Grizzly Mountain.
No problems with noise from the park.

Some rooms has king beds, some rooms have 2 queen beds with a daybed and some rooms have 1 queen and bunkbeds.

The standard view rooms I saw over looked the courtyard (on the way out to downtown disney).
A lot of rooms overlook Downtown Disney, but I don't know if these would be considered standard.

If you are the type that is always on the go or when in your room have the TV on then don't spend the extra money on the view, spend it on a good dinner. Of course it is nice to have the view at least once

We stayed at GC for three nights last week. The first room we were assigned had a King size bed and looked onto DD. My fiance wanted a better view so he went to the front desk and asked for a room with a better park view, so we moved to a room with two queen beds and a view looking right over Grizzly Peak.

engagement.jpg

FW-`80, '84, '88
DxL-'91
WDW International Program Canada Pavillion '97-'98
---Vista Way July '97-April '98
---Commons April '98 - July '98
---WL, CS, ASMu, BW, PO, Poly
Offsite-Feb '99
ASMovies-Feb '00
WL, BC, DCL-Sept '00
DL, Grand Californian-Feb '01,
WDW Sept '01?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter