Queue line for HS Galaxy Edge?

Are we still in the blackout days for passholders at DL? I know you said Disney isn't thrilled about the low crowd look, but didn't they set themselves up to make crowds look low by not allowing essentially the locals in?
For Deluxe passes and below yes. Signature is not blocked out.

I think DL got scared of what happened for Carsland opening and their anniversary celebrations where lines were astronomical. So they did their best to cut crowds for this, like I said, I know DL is a locals park and AP make a big chunk of their daily visitors. So now they might be regretting the blackout dates. they lifted the CM self admission so maybe they'll lift the APs?

Just a note on DLR vs. WDW, APs and blockouts, etc.... It's really interesting to me that WDW is opening GE at a time when APs are not blocked out. Not even the Weekday Select or Theme Park Select! IDK if that signifies not being worried about crowds, or a desire to show bigger crowds, or both, but it's interesting in contrast to DLR.

Just a note on DLR vs. WDW, APs and blockouts, etc.... It's really interesting to me that WDW is opening GE at a time when APs are not blocked out. Not even the Weekday Select or Theme Park Select! IDK if that signifies not being worried about crowds, or a desire to show bigger crowds, or both, but it's interesting in contrast to DLR.
What’s got my goat is the previews are for premier AP and platinum AP only. Pandora previews included gold AP’s also. It seems they want the crowds particularly for the opening 2 days. I’m assuming they’re going to use it is a marketing tool. Local, national and international press showing fandom and its extreme. The typical “these fans lined up for 24 hours to be the first in line” story. They want that “you have to see it” or “need to see it” press. That way they can add in the “WDW is going under a renaissance right now with massive changes park wide and blah blah blah... “. You know the drill.

What’s got my goat is the previews are for premier AP and platinum AP only. Pandora previews included gold AP’s also. It seems they want the crowds particularly for the opening 2 days. I’m assuming they’re going to use it is a marketing tool. Local, national and international press showing fandom and its extreme. The typical “these fans lined up for 24 hours to be the first in line” story. They want that “you have to see it” or “need to see it” press. That way they can add in the “WDW is going under a renaissance right now with massive changes park wide and blah blah blah... “. You know the drill.
Yep, I do - I work in marketing, lol! I think WDW wants to walk that fine line between "Look how popular this is!" and "Don't be afraid to come visit - we've got crowds under control!"

I have mostly stayed out of these threads other to get info. But I wanted to say I think it would be a huge mistake to not use the VQ at wdw just because DL isnt going as expected. I am coming in the 28th, my fastpass day is this saturday and I have honestly been dreading planning this trip becuase of the lack of information they are putting out there for this opening. The DL VQ has actually made me feel better about making the trip becuase of how smooth it seems to be going. There is absolutely no reason to make people wait 4,5,6 hours just to get in the land, when you have technology across the country that has completely eliminated it. Honestly that would be a worse look to them than low crowds. Wanting to show the world how desirable your new land is one thing, but making people stand in the heat for hours to see it just for appearance, when you have essentially eliminated at DL would be a huge mistake. Just my opinion

/wave...Yup still lurking around. Decided on an adult only trip for my bday which is aug 29th. Haven’t decided the plan yet but going to try to hit swge on the 29th and/or sept1.

/wave...Yup still lurking around. Decided on an adult only trip for my bday which is aug 29th. Haven’t decided the plan yet but going to try to hit swge on the 29th and/or sept1.
See you there. Pretty awesome birthday present wdw is giving you

So what about the rest of the HS park, certaily Disney wont turn the entire park into line gathering, standing, waiting for their turn into SWGE? Like a dope, when I booked our trip to WDW, planned out out HS day to the middle of the week thinking crowds in August heat and in the middle of the week we will be fine.....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Disney decided to open SWGE and tossed our planned HS day WAY back in Feb into what looks like a crazy day. Sort of late in our game now to change the 29th into some other park day with ADR's and just this week FP+ now scheduled, I am now glad there is a park hopper option.......

So what about the rest of the HS park, certaily Disney wont turn the entire park into line gathering, standing, waiting for their turn into SWGE? Like a dope, when I booked our trip to WDW, planned out out HS day to the middle of the week thinking crowds in August heat and in the middle of the week we will be fine.....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Disney decided to open SWGE and tossed our planned HS day WAY back in Feb into what looks like a crazy day. Sort of late in our game now to change the 29th into some other park day with ADR's and just this week FP+ now scheduled, I am now glad there is a park hopper option.......
On the bright side, if you’re staying at a Disney resort you do get a 6am EEMH rope drop at AK and MK!

Last edited:
I think Disney is banking on the back-to-school lull to keep crowds at WDW lower in September and offset the increase from GE. Historically, that is a pretty low-crowd month.

I actually am skeptical that virtual queue would work in Disney World without a time limit. Sure, there is only one "attraction" and limited space at Oga's and Canteen, but I know my kids would happily spend all day finding easter eggs on the play app and role playing with the residents of Batuu.

Are we still in the blackout days for passholders at DL? I know you said Disney isn't thrilled about the low crowd look, but didn't they set themselves up to make crowds look low by not allowing essentially the locals in?
For Deluxe passes and below yes. Signature is not blocked out.
Yes and Yes ... but they also introduced, in late May, a new "Flex AP" below Deluxe that is not blocked out for summer or weekends (only a window around Christmas/New Years). This, to me, is the new locals pass and we are enjoying it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter