Queuing up for Trader Sam's?

GTBuzz

Earning My Ears
Aloha y'all!

Is it still necessary to start queuing up for indoor seating at Trader Sam's at 3:00 for its 4:00 opening?
Or will 3:30 or 3:45 suffice now.

We plan on being there next Monday, July 31.

Mahalo!

Last edited:
Aloha y'all!

Is it still necessary to start queuing up for Trader Sam's at 3:00 for its 4:00 opening?
Or will 3:30 or 3:45 suffice now.

We plan on being there next Monday, July 31.

Mahalo!

I don't think 3PM is necessary. I think last time we got there for opening it was around 3:30PM. I like to go a little later though, closer to 5-6 and haven't had any issues getting a seat.

The last time we went was in mid-December 2016 (the week before Christmas) and we had no trouble showing up at 3:45 pm to get a seat. In fact, there were still empty seats to be filled once we were inside. I think you would be fine with 3:45 pm

I don't think 3pm is necessary on a Monday non-holiday weekend. I lined up for 3:20pm on a week day last Sept and was one of the first in line so 3:30ish should be OK. ps don't leave the line once you get the pager. Some do & then when they show up after wandering the Poly or the grounds, others have already taken the better seats. If you are going to stand in line for a half hour, you might as well go hard, stay in line, and get the seat that you want.

I don't think 3pm is necessary on a Monday non-holiday weekend. I lined up for 3:20pm on a week day last Sept and was one of the first in line so 3:30ish should be OK. ps don't leave the line once you get the pager. Some do & then when they show up after wandering the Poly or the grounds, others have already taken the better seats. If you are going to stand in line for a half hour, you might as well go hard, stay in line, and get the seat that you want.

Hi. We are going September 9-16 and staying at Poly Villas. I plan on going to Trader Sams a couple of evenings. What seat do we want?
The last time I was there I was by myself for one night at the Poly before meeting my mom at VGF and was at the table and the person
across from me had her seat going down LOL I don't want that but would like a good seat. Perhaps one on the sides with the tables in front of them? Bar?
I'll be with my 71 year old mom.

Thank you.

Hi. We are going September 9-16 and staying at Poly Villas. I plan on going to Trader Sams a couple of evenings. What seat do we want?
The last time I was there I was by myself for one night at the Poly before meeting my mom at VGF and was at the table and the person
across from me had her seat going down LOL I don't want that but would like a good seat. Perhaps one on the sides with the tables in front of them? Bar?
I'll be with my 71 year old mom.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure that any of the seats and the middle table or bar can be lowered, so I would avoid them both if you don't want that attention.

What seat do we want?

The seats going down would be the bar stools up at the bar. The bartenders can move some of the stools up and down for effect & giggles. Not really my first choice unless all the other seating is taken. Also not a fan of standing up at the leaner tables in the middle of the room.

I have 3 fav spots & they are worth lining up for a half hour b/f opening. All tables with a combo of couch, low table (like a coffee table) &/or chairs:
  1. Far Left hand side of room & mid wall: Once you walk into the bar, turn Left and find the table that is against the Left wall but approx mid way between the back wall and the bar. Think Left hand side, walk straight to the middle of the Left wall. There is a small couch along the wall, with a low table and 3 chairs or so facing the table; and
  2. The couch/table/chairs combos tight to the Left wall on either side of #1.
Why these spots?
  • comfy seats. Either small couch or individual chairs. No stools to perch on; and
  • vantage point. You can see all of the effects including the wall animatronics when specialty drinks are ordered around you. Nothing you have to stand up or move to see. All within your line of sight from your seat.
Have a great time!

The seats going down would be the bar stools up at the bar. The bartenders can move some of the stools up and down for effect & giggles. Not really my first choice unless all the other seating is taken. Also not a fan of standing up at the leaner tables in the middle of the room.

I have 3 fav spots & they are worth lining up for a half hour b/f opening. All tables with a combo of couch, low table (like a coffee table) &/or chairs:
  1. Far Left hand side of room & mid wall: Once you walk into the bar, turn Left and find the table that is against the Left wall but approx mid way between the back wall and the bar. Think Left hand side, walk straight to the middle of the Left wall. There is a small couch along the wall, with a low table and 3 chairs or so facing the table; and
Why these spots?
  • comfy seats. Either small couch or individual chairs. No stools to perch on; and
  • vantage point. You can see all of the effects including the wall animatronics when specialty drinks are ordered around you. Nothing you have to stand up or move to see. All within your line of sight from your seat.
Have a great time!

Thank you so much!
I am going September 9-16. Do you think I need to line up for opening during that time or can we go later?
I printed out your information and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Why these spots?
Have a great time!
This is great info! Thanks!!

Thank you so much!
I am going September 9-16. Do you think I need to line up for opening during that time or can we go later?
I printed out your information and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
If you are planning on going on a weekday, I'd still line up a half hr b/f opening if seating is important to you. ie by 3:30pm. ps once you received your pager, you could hold your spot in line if your Mom wanted to take a break for a few mins and join you inside the bar later.

If going on a weekend, I'd def go earlier & bump up that time to eg 3:15pm or so.

Have a great vacation!

And, as ever, the thing with TS is if someone shows up with a marching band/bachelorette party/population of Brazil at 3:30, the wait could be long that particular day despite all discussion here that it hasn't been so bad. Because it is so small, it is particularly responsive to those kinds of traffic issues.

Asking for an update on queuing up at Trader Sam's. We are going on Saturday, March 10. Be there at 3? Does the whole family have to wait in line to get in or can one person get the table while the rest mill about. We are 4 people.

The thing about opening is that they have a capacity of about 50 - 52. So they will allow in the first 50 or so people at the same time, and then all of them need to be served, and whoever's next has to wait until they start leaving. So from about 5-6 or so, you get people arriving and leaving in stages instead of arriving all at once. This is why you may wait longer at opening if you're not one of the first 50 odd people in line, depending on what is going on that night.

They'll give you a buzzer if you have to wait. you can go to the patio, or around the Polynesian.

Anyone know how long we might wait to get in on Saturday in March in the early evening? With our change of plans, I don't think we would be there before 5:30 or 6:00. We don't mind meandering around while we wait.

Anyone know how long we might wait to get in on Saturday in March in the early evening? With our change of plans, I don't think we would be there before 5:30 or 6:00. We don't mind meandering around while we wait.
Anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 hours. It is really impossible to say. Depends on who is there first and how long they stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter