quick breakfast options at AK

sachilles

DVC coming to this space soon
Our upcoming trip is just over a week a way.

We normally eat breakfast at our resort.

We plan to do an early rope drop day at Animal Kingdom to get more ride time in Pandora. That will probably mean we skip breakfast at the resort in favor of something at the park. What quick serve breakfast options exist, closer to pandora the better? Thinking bakery items or a nice bacon, egg and cheese sandwich.

We love sharing the Colossal Cinnamon Roll at Creature Comforts (Starbucks), it's big enough for 3 of us to share and now it's a snack credit! They also have lots of egg sandwiches, I'm not sure if they are the Starbucks official ones but maybe someone else can confirm.

We love sharing the Colossal Cinnamon Roll at Creature Comforts (Starbucks), it's big enough for 3 of us to share and now it's a snack credit! They also have lots of egg sandwiches, I'm not sure if they are the Starbucks official ones but maybe someone else can confirm.
I've found their menu.....looks like that is the best option for us.....next closest looks like Yak and Yeti, which isn't all that close.

Kusafari Bakery in Africa has a breakfast egg wrap as well as hot beverages.

Harambe Fruit Stand for hot beverages in the mornings even though it's not listed; bought coffees and tea there while the rest of our party waited on the 2 hour line during rope drop. Saw other people peeling off the line for Starbuck's but I didn't know where it was.

Are any of these places open before 8 on a 7 am EMH day?

When we were there in December I know I posted on FB that we had finished both Pandora rides and were sitting down with our Starbucks and cinnamon roll at 7:55 am, I can't guarantee that they're open at 7 am but I know they were open before 8.

When we were there in December I know I posted on FB that we had finished both Pandora rides and were sitting down with our Starbucks and cinnamon roll at 7:55 am, I can't guarantee that they're open at 7 am but I know they were open before 8.

Thanks. I am still debating what time we want to get there and if we want to rope drop Navi at 7 am. I don't think we are going to attempt to RD FOP (we will have a stroller and one child who is too short to ride). However we have FPs for FOP and Navi at 8. Was not sure if we could entertain ourselves for an hour in Pandora before our FP start. However if we can get snack nearby before 8 then maybe we can fill that time.

Is it really a snack credit? Isn't that thing like $9 or something? Awesome if it is, that changes my AK EMH day breakfast!

Is it really a snack credit? Isn't that thing like $9 or something? Awesome if it is, that changes my AK EMH day breakfast!

In 2016 we started this tradition, at AK, with the Colossal Cinnamon Roll and our DD (5 now) who LOVES cinnamon rolls. We do rope drop and a couple rides and then go get a roll and Starbucks coffee for us. We've always just paid out of pocket for it but when I went last December 2017 I was SHOCKED to see that they reduced the price to $6.99 and made it a SNACK credit. I was SOO excited! I know things can change any time and it's still $8.99 on All Ears menus. Fingers crossed it's the same in June when we go.

In 2016 we started this tradition, at AK, with the Colossal Cinnamon Roll and our DD (5 now) who LOVES cinnamon rolls. We do rope drop and a couple rides and then go get a roll and Starbucks coffee for us. We've always just paid out of pocket for it but when I went last December 2017 I was SHOCKED to see that they reduced the price to $6.99 and made it a SNACK credit. I was SOO excited! I know things can change any time and it's still $8.99 on All Ears menus. Fingers crossed it's the same in June when we go.

Ooh, fingers crossed it's still a snack credit in May when I go then! Thanks for this, it's made my day :)

OP, the lines at Starbucks in the parks tend to be long. If your goal is to save time and you will be happy with bakery items, then get the bakery items the night before, keep them in your room, and take them with you the next morning.

I've found their menu.....looks like that is the best option for us.....next closest looks like Yak and Yeti, which isn't all that close.
Keep in mind locations for the standby line and what is the time frame that CMs say you will be there for @ Pandora. We were on a projected 2.5 hour line for FoP that started along the river's edge and stretched alllll the way under the bridge at Africa to the bathrooms near Festival of the Lion King before making a U turn back on itself. No idea where the standby line for Navi is though. On the bright side our line for FoP was about an hour less than CMs stated and I had an interesting time making my way back to my party with 2 hot bevs in hand politely letting others realise I wasn't cutting the line. Peeps are fierce in the morning, LOL.

OP, the lines at Starbucks in the parks tend to be long. If your goal is to save time and you will be happy with bakery items, then get the bakery items the night before, keep them in your room, and take them with you the next morning.

Excellent suggestion! It's true; I've waited for my kid to get coffee at Starbucks; even midday it can take a while.

Yes! This is what we do when we are trying to save time and do RD. We do keep things like granola bars in our hotel room for this purpose, but we have also saved muffins or pastries overnight (or cake or pie) and we eat them in the morning. I find that ANY line for breakfast food in the morning is longer than I want it to be, especially if I'm trying to do RD at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter