Quick Check In from TDR

How do the "timed entries" work-- do they get assigned at the time of purchase, or when you arrive, etc? I am worried if we buy the express pass in advance and they give us a very early Mario Kart time that we might not actually make it to the park early enough to ride it.
I jumped on the website to have a look and you can choose from a selection of timings.

How do the "timed entries" work-- do they get assigned at the time of purchase, or when you arrive, etc? I am worried if we buy the express pass in advance and they give us a very early Mario Kart time that we might not actually make it to the park early enough to ride it.
For the express pass timed entries, those are chosen at the time you get your express pass. You pick from a pre-selected list- at least, if you buy them direct from USJ. I have heard that you’re randomly assigned them through some third party sites.

For Super Nintendo World for the non-express pass timed entries, they gave you options for the next available two hour range. It’s not like you could go in the morning at 9 am and pick a time for 4 pm- it’s a moving target, they only offered returns around noon at that time, because that was what was next available. (I think we picked our return time of 6 pm in the late morning, but I don’t quite recall right now.)

For the express pass timed entries, those are chosen at the time you get your express pass. You pick from a pre-selected list- at least, if you buy them direct from USJ. I have heard that you’re randomly assigned them through some third party sites.

For Super Nintendo World for the non-express pass timed entries, they gave you options for the next available two hour range. It’s not like you could go in the morning at 9 am and pick a time for 4 pm- it’s a moving target, they only offered returns around noon at that time, because that was what was next available. (I think we picked our return time of 6 pm in the late morning, but I don’t quite recall right now.)
This sounds similar to universal studios Hollywood—though I believe with our express pass we could choose when we entered, we just couldn’t leave and come back.

This sounds similar to universal studios Hollywood—though I believe with our express pass we could choose when we entered, we just couldn’t leave and come back.
Yes. But, if you have an express pass (with guaranteed entry), you can still get a (free) timed entry ticket and use that for a return visit to the Nintendo land. It would all depend on the timing as to whether or not it would work out.

I also understand that if you're in line at opening (regularly 60 minutes before the posted "opening" time) and go straight to Nintendo land, then you can enter without a timed entry ticket.

Yes. But, if you have an express pass (with guaranteed entry), you can still get a (free) timed entry ticket and use that for a return visit to the Nintendo land. It would all depend on the timing as to whether or not it would work out.

I also understand that if you're in line at opening (regularly 60 minutes before the posted "opening" time) and go straight to Nintendo land, then you can enter without a timed entry ticket.
So I tried to buy a a universally express pass for a weekday more than two weeks from now and it’s showing no availability for *any* of the passes. Does that sound possible? I haven’t seen anything suggesting they sell out this quickly.

Two weeks from now … you could be entering school holidays and they could potentially all be sold out.

Have you tried Klook and any other reliable resellers / partners?

So I tried to buy a a universally express pass for a weekday more than two weeks from now and it’s showing no availability for *any* of the passes. Does that sound possible? I haven’t seen anything suggesting they sell out this quickly.
That is possible- I do find it odd that there are zero express passes available, but even Klook shows as sold out completely. I do know the 7 ride pass we got sold out within a day, and that was for mid June when the schools were still in session.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter