Quick Confirmation - Coffee Outside Park Gates

Well, as far as I know there is no eating or drinking on the bus, however I do realize that the rules are probably rarely enforced.

Well, guess I’ve been a rule breaker and must be oblivious to the rude stares I’ve probably been getting! Sorry all! :eek:

Well, guess I’ve been a rule breaker and must be oblivious to the rude stares I’ve probably been getting! Sorry all! :eek:

Oh, I doubt anybody is too worried about it. If a CM hasn't said anything, it's probably one of those "look the other way" type rules.

Are we certain about the no food/drink on the bus rule? I'm just thinking that people ride the buses from the resort with full refillable mugs all day every day. Essentially one of the selling points of the mug is that you can fill it up and bring it into the park with you. I don't see why regular coffee cups with lids wouldn't be allowed, when you could just as easily put coffee in the refillable mug.

I've always been baffled at the limited coffee availability early in parks, and just outside the parks. Wish they'd add a few cart type coffee stands (that sell just coffee, so the line moves quickly). The Starbucks inside Epcot, MK and HS always have such long lines in the morning.

Are we certain about the no food/drink on the bus rule? I'm just thinking that people ride the buses from the resort with full refillable mugs all day every day. Essentially one of the selling points of the mug is that you can fill it up and bring it into the park with you. I don't see why regular coffee cups with lids wouldn't be allowed, when you could just as easily put coffee in the refillable mug.

As far as I know if it has a lid that can close, then it's fine to carry, but you are not supposed to actually drink it while on the bus. I'm sure there are signs, or am I crazy?

As far as I know if it has a lid that can close, then it's fine to carry, but you are not supposed to actually drink it while on the bus. I'm sure there are signs, or am I crazy?

Gotcha, that makes sense. I can't picture a sign, but it feels like there should be! LOL! I'm not questioning you, because I don't know myself!

Gotcha, that makes sense. I can't picture a sign, but it feels like there should be! LOL! I'm not questioning you, because I don't know myself!

Well, now I doubt myself. I tried searching for an official rule, but have found contradictory information. The Closest thing I found to official was from Disney Parks Mom's Panel from 2011 that says "Unfortunately, food and drinks are not allowed on any of the Disney transportation options," but then another post from 2015 that says that you can take it, but it is specifically talking about popcorn. I dunno, unless a CM says something, I guess it's not something to worry about.

There is a sign. Having been one for many years, the no drinking part is subjective and up to the individual drivers. Some are sticklers, some don't give a hoot. I, and most drivers I knew allowed it as long as the cup had a lid. Drivers have more important things to do than to monitor if riders are drinking.

Agreed.
That is one of the primary announcements made on all WDW bus rides.

HERE is a link to one of the many "spiels" used on WDW transportation buses over the years.

Well, that makes me feel better.

Before anyone asks, that's a radio and not a robot head on the right. It now should be interpreted to mean no loud audio from an electronic device.

enhance

And speaking of coffee, I like a coffee or specialty coffee drink mid afternoon or so, there is a Starbucks in each of the parks. I found each of the locations to make excellent quality drinks and to be clean, well staffed and the prices seemed normal for Starbucks, not Disney prices, LOL! I tried them all out and especially liked the ones in DAK and DHS.

I wouldn't be able to make it to the bus stop without coffee! I travel with Starbucks VIA packets and creamer and have one or two cups each morning as I am getting ready! Then once in the park, I hit up Starbucks for more!

I get that many folks need that cup of coffee early in the morning.

However... be aware that the last thing you want is to have to go the bathroom while waiting in a long line. Believe me I know. My husband got all the way up to the room in FOP where we were to be matched with an Avatar and he had to bail and missed going on FOP.

You're talking about getting a cup just before you go into the Park. That sounds like a major mistake to me. If your parents can at all wait until after the ride I highly recommend waiting for that cup of coffee. Just saying...

I have gotten on the bus with a closed refillable mug at least half full of coffee a number of times and no one has said anything. I did not open the lid and drink any while on bus, I waited till we got to park.

Another idea is No-Doz. I think they are 200 mgs each so you would probably want to cut them into quarters to approximate a cup of coffee. They work great.

Hmm... have I been breaking bus rules and not realizing it? I’ve routinely rolled onto a bus first thing with a to go cup of coffee from the resort. Personally I don’t leave the resort without a cup as I don’t like to get bogged down at a cart or Starbucks in the park.

If I’ve been a bad bus passenger, I apologize!
Me too! I never ever knew there was a no coffee rule. I have almost always had a (closed with lid) Togo cup in hand and have never had anyone tell me it isn't ok.

Agreed.
That is one of the primary announcements made on all WDW bus rides.

HERE is a link to one of the many "spiels" used on WDW transportation buses over the years.
Of course, @Robo you would have the answer! THANK YOU!
I guess what's important is that you are simply holding the cup and not actually drinking from it.
So, OP, the answer would be to load up your parents coffee and have them bring it in the bus. That way you won't have to worry if the kiosks we're open or not.

I was going to throw my coffee away before getting on the bus at Yacht Club. The attendant at the bus stop told me that as long as it had a lid, I could take it on the bus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!