Quick Dining Review (Updated 8/18)

JeninTexas

DIS Veteran
We just returned from 8 days in Disney and got to eat at several great restaurants. I thought I would share some of my photos and experiences.
We ate at:

Boathouse
Chefs de France
50s Prime Time
California Grill Brunch
Narcoosee's
Via Napoli

First up was Boathouse. This was a welcome relief after our flight ended up being delayed for 5 hours and then it was pouring rain by the time we arrived at our hotel. We took the bus to Disney Springs and ordered the crab stuffed lobster. It was excellent. We also had mussels and a salad for appetizers, but I didn't get pics of those. My kids were rebelling at the idea of taking pictures of our food, so my photos are kind of limited :) IMG_8617.JPGHere's the lobster:

Next up: 50's Prime Time. We always enjoy this restaurant when in Hollywood Studios and it did not disappoint this time. We all ordered the fried chicken. My son also had the strawberry milkshake, which he thought was really good.IMG_8629.JPG

We scored reservations for the fabulous California Grill Brunch, and it did not disappoint. We checked in a little early (at 10 for a 10:20 reservation) and were told to wait near the bar. At check in, they had taken my phone number but never said that we would be texted when our table was ready. So, I never bothered to check my phone. We waited around for about 20 minutes. There were not a lot of people waiting. One of the servers noticed us standing there and offered to see if our table was ready. Sure enough it was. They had texted me about 10 minutes prior, but I did not know to check my phone. Anyway, it didn't matter at all. We were seated in a great table by the window overlooking the Grand Floridian. I grabbed a glass of champagne while waiting and then ordered a bellini for my drink (we were on the deluxe dining plan). The bellini was basically just another glass of champagne with bobo balls, but these were peached flavored instead of strawberry (or whatever flavor the first glass of champagne was). I wasn't particularly thrilled with this drink, but we were mainly there for the food and it was great. We started with trips to the buffet portion, and the sushi was a big winner for us. After that, we each ordered entrees. I asked if we could get half portions, and was told that they did not do that anymore, but we could order multiple entrees if we wanted. I got the Lobster Benedict, on of my kids ordered the blueberry pancakes and the other ordered a lobster omelette. Everyone enjoyed their meals, but it really was just too much food.

We had never been to Narcoossee's before even thought it has been on our list for years. With the deluxe dining plan, which is just way too much food, you get a drink, appetizer, entree, and dessert. I don't think I would have splurged for this meal had it not been for the dining plan though, so there is some value in trying places you otherwise would not want to pay for OOP.
First up, my son ordered a raspberry smoothie for his drink. I don't think this really goes with lobster (his entree) all that well, but who cares! He really enjoyed it.
IMG_8658.JPG

For my appetizer, I had the mussels. I had ordered a similar version of this entree at Boathouse and Flying Fish. They were all a little different. The Narcoossee's version is in a creamier broth than either Boathouse or Flying Fish. It was very good, but I preferred the other two restaurants' versions better.

We will be on the Deluxe Dining Plan for our Feb 2020 trip. I have Narccoossee booked as well. Hoping to add some different restaurants to the usual mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!