Quick Help for a Friend - Breakfast Buffet outside parks for this Monday

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a list for breakfast buffet options outside of the parks? My friend has to cancel a buffet for this weekend and her son is devastated so she wants to make it up to him Monday morning. Thanks!

Swan/Dolphin (but that might be only on the weekends)
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary
Cape May at Beach Club
Trail's End at Fort Wilderness
1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian
'Ohana at Polynesian

No idea about Disney Springs

Garden Grove at Swan has a daily breakfast buffet, but characters are only on wknds for the breakfast.
Fresh Med at Dolphin has a daily breakfast buffet (no characters)

Is the boy devastated because of a character breakfast?

Also The Wave and Boma.

By the way, Ohana is not a buffet, but the food is served family style.

Trattoria al Forno is not a buffet.

If you go to MDE, click on "All Dining" and apply a filter called "buffets/family meals" under "Dining Experience", you'll get a list in every park, hotel and destination in WDW.
Your friend can also apply a filter for only one or more locations to make the search easier in relationship to where she plans to be later in the day.

HTH!

If you go to MDE, click on "All Dining" and apply a filter called "buffets/family meals" under "Dining Experience", you'll get a list in every park, hotel and destination in WDW.
Your friend can also apply a filter for only one or more locations to make the search easier in relationship to where she plans to be later in the day.

HTH!
There is also a filter which can be used to exclude parks.

Perfect guys! I shared all these suggestions and now she is going to hunt for an ADR for Chef Mickey's. Her son was really looking forward to a buffet (just the all you can eat idea of it as he has never done that before).

Well, we don't know the son's age, or whether he is looking to meet characters. For the best food, I'd choose The Wave or Boma. For a character meal outside the parks, and with good food, I'd prefer Cape May Cafe or 1900 Park Fare. But if the son is really young and his main goal is to meet Mickey, then Chef Mickey's might work for their family.

Chef Mickey’s for fun atmosphere and to meet the Fab Five. Food is just OK.
1900 PF or Cape May for better food. Mad Hatter is at 1900 PF which is only place I’ve ever seen him besides a parade.

If we want characters-Chef Mickey’s. My kids were more than happy with the food-they pretty much ate themselves into a sugar coma. The adults were underwhelmed. Everyone loved the character interaction.

If we’re more about the food-Boma which also has a savannah lookout and a lot of wow factor.

The Wave has the best quality buffet, IMHO but the choices are small and I don’t think the dining room has a lot of 11 year old boy appeal.

Thinking about 11 year old boys, have you looked at Whispering Canyon?

If we want characters-Chef Mickey’s. My kids were more than happy with the food-they pretty much ate themselves into a sugar coma. The adults were underwhelmed. Everyone loved the character interaction.

If we’re more about the food-Boma which also has a savannah lookout and a lot of wow factor.

The Wave has the best quality buffet, IMHO but the choices are small and I don’t think the dining room has a lot of 11 year old boy appeal.

Looks like we mostly agree about which restaurants to go to. But I missed the part where the OP said the boy is 11.

Agree with others that if they don't want the characters The Wave or Boma are terrific bets. Trails End at Fort Wilderness is also good if they wanted to explore that area.

The boy is 9 but there is also a 7 and 11 year old! Chef mickeys is first choice followed by trails end. Let’s see where they end up!

Does any one know the cost of the Garden Grove Character buffet Breakfast please.
I can’t seem to find any pricing for it. Only for individual menu items?
My sister & her husband want to take they’re 2 daughters there this summer when we are out there.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum that gives pricing for buffets/AYCTE:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/buffet-character-shows-aycte-pricing.3108466/

HTH!
Thanks did not see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter