Quick on the go breakfast?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
We are hoping to arrive early enough to check into DLH that it would still be worthwhile to get to DL that afternoon. I'm surprising the kids the next day with a trip to Universal. What would be a quick breakfast to grab for them to eat in the car? I'm thinking we are going to be leaving around 6 to get there with traffic. Anything that would be convenient to grab for them? Not the messy beignets! If we do make it to DL the night before anything that would be good to grab for breakfast?

We did breakfast burritos from the express counter at tortilla joes in DTD one day and liked them. They had other options as well.

6 am--I don't think anything at the DLH or DTD is open. How about googling a Starbucks on your route that opens at 6 and picking up a breakfast sandwich there? Someone more familiar with DLH and areas nearby will be able to chime in here.

I'd grab a typical fast food breakfast on the way. We like Carl's Jr. breakfast but McDonalds & Taco Bell also have early morning breakfasts & can easily be found with a smartphone along your route to Universal.

Starbucks breakfast sandwiches. They also have yogurt, granola parfaits, scones, bagels and cream cheese, and most importantly...coffee!

Two ways to go on this. If you do visit Dland the night before, on the way out as you leave for the evening stop at Jolly Holiday Bakery and buy some milk in cartons or juice in plastic bottles and some pastries that are not too messy (i.e., muffins) or even a turkey sandwich - to go. These will be for breakfast next day and you can just store them overnight in your DLH mini-frig. OR - You can just stop by the Coffee House at 6am when it opens in the morning. It is right by the DLH pool next to the Fantasy Tower. They have all of the typical things you'd find at a coffee cafe and all can be had to go. That way you don't have to walk out into DD to go to the Starbucks (saves a few steps and a little time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter