Quick question on booking windows if you have direct + resale

mousemagic00

Earning My Ears
I was listening to one of the podcasts on my way home last night and ended up a little confused.

If you buy direct, you have the 11 month window at your home resort.

Is this the same with resale?

I had always thought that the 11 month home advantage wasn't any different between resale and direct.

If the answer is "doesn't matter", does anyone think this may be changed in the future? I'm buying direct shortly for my first contract, but would like to be able to add on immediately through resale. For my family, the 11 month window will be important.

It is the same with resale. The 11-month window home resort advantage is becoming more and more important. Advice here is almost always to buy where you don't mind staying if there is no availability at the resort you would like to switch to at the 7-month mark.

They can't change the home resort booking window for resale vs direct buyers. The home resort booking window is a core piece of the timeshare purchase, and not a "membership extra". They've been modifying who is eligible for the "extras".

Not to confuse you, but they could modify the home resort booking window (per the documents) if they wanted to, and adjust it a bit but home resort owners would always have to have at least a 1 month advantage. No one thinks they'll ever do this.

As stated above the contract guarantees a 1 month booking advantage so it could go to 2 months and 1 month.

Remember, you are buying someones contract, they can not just go changing that contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!