Quick questions about fastpasses

Don't waste a FP on RSR since you have a DAS. We never use regular FP/Maxpass on that ride, but we ride it every time we go. We also don't use MP/FP for Toy Story Midway Mania. Those times run out quickly as well, and it's easier to use the DAS for those two rides in DCA. We will use Maxpass for the other rides in the park like Soarin, Goofy's Sky School, Incredicoaster, GoG, etc.

I have a feeling we'll want to do the RSR twice. I was planning on getting a FP for it, then on our way off use the DAS pass and get a return time to do it again.

Others have kinda said it, but you should download the Disneyland App on your phone now and start to get familiar with how it works. You do not need to have tickets or be in the park to see all of the wait times and the return times for all Fastpass/Maxpass attractions. When you play with the app at home it will be MUCH easier to use it when you are at the parks.

You are mistaken about the return time. It's usually the standby time minus 5 minutes, not plus 5 minutes...

I'm only repeating what I've been told every time at City Hall and at Chamber of Commerce. Chalk this up as just another example of the old DLR adage, "Ask 10 CMs, get 10 different answers!" Either way, the OP just needs to know that she might get one response or the other when she requests her return times -- and 5 minutes either way isn't the end of the world. But she shouldn't be thrown if CMs give varying answers to the same request -- that's just the way CMs can be sometimes! (However, if the OP ever gets wildly different answers to the same question, that's the time to ask for a lead to clear things up!)

I'm only repeating what I've been told every time at City Hall and at Chamber of Commerce. Chalk this up as just another example of the old DLR adage, "Ask 10 CMs, get 10 different answers!" Either way, the OP just needs to know that she might get one response or the other when she requests her return times -- and 5 minutes either way isn't the end of the world. But she shouldn't be thrown if CMs give varying answers to the same request -- that's just the way CMs can be sometimes! (However, if the OP ever gets wildly different answers to the same question, that's the time to ask for a lead to clear things up!)

You don't need to rely on the "word" of the CMs. The DAS return time shows up on your app. Take note of the time you get it and the standby wait time of the ride and you will see how your return time compares to the standby wait. Recently, the CMs have begun repeating the current standby wait time when they tell you your return time.

You don't need to rely on the "word" of the CMs...
But many people reading along on these boards do. So it just helps for them to know that they may hear varying answers, and that hearing those differences doesn't mean that anything is wrong. It's just par for the course at DLR. All the OP needs to know is that with her DAS return times, she won't have an expiration time like she will with FP. And both systems work well together.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter