Quick Queue and non Quick Queue mixed party strategies

drenalin'junkie

Now Serving Customer #
Big group of us have started going to parks together and not everyone wants or can afford QQ.
Wife and I have been going w friends since we're married nearly 30 years ago but paid QQ type add ons were never part of our strategy until recently. We've started as hour long waits don't work for us.
Nearly all of us will be riding all the coasters and I'm wondering what others do to keep big groups together as much as possible.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best. But really : Be flexible and have meet up times & places since it will be nearly impossible to keep a large group with mixed pace together. And pack patience. Those of you with QQ and inability to wait in lines will end up waiting in other ways.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best. But really : Be flexible and have meet up times & places since it will be nearly impossible to keep a large group with mixed pace together. And pack patience. Those of you with QQ and inability to wait in lines will end up waiting in other ways.
Non riders normally sat outside the rides when we have QQ, G+ or EP but last time we ended up at Starbucks or a sweet shop and got something for us and the people still in longer lines.
You are right about the patience, any group over 2 gets torn apart easily on the crowded days. I'm ex farmboy and military so I'm at the rope 3 hours into my day. The slugabeds won't talk to me until they've had a cup of coffee:tigger:

JMHO SW is a relatively small park with lower crowds vs the other parks in the area. It’s easily navigable

As long as everyone has a cellphone, easy enough to keep tabs on larger groups

Rope dropping works well at SW for the coasters. Try to do several all together before the lines build. Standing in line does give opportunity to chat

Then, start using QQ and the others can plot out their own path forward

Plan to try to meet up for later lunch and a show or two.

Just set all expectations accordingly ahead of time. You may find the other in your group may decide to add on QQ if the lines are daunting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter