Quick review 10/20-10-25

Everything you had here looks amazing to me, and I'm not even hungry! Sounds like a great trip!
The food was amazing and so was the service. The restaurant is beautiful. It felt more like signature dining experience than some of the signatures do.

Day 2
I got up early to book ADR for California Grill Brunch in April. Then I got ready and headed to Magic Kingdom for extra magic hour. I arrived at 7 am and there was basically no line. I spent half an hour shopping on Main Street. I was the only one in the shops. It was a great time to browse. I then headed to 7 Dwarfs Mine Train but noticed Cheshire Cafe was open so I stopped for Cheshire Cat Tail. I ate it before i even thought about taking a pic. It was very good. I asked for a glass of water but they don’t have that there. The cast member gave me a glass of ice though and I filled it at the drinking fountain next door. I got to 7DMT at 7:35. I rode that and the Tea Cups, Small World, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise before heading to the Plaza for my 9am ADR

I was seated immediately and started with a Mimosa - Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut with guava-passion, orange, pineapple juices. This was really good. View attachment 446313
I had the Lobster-Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict- Two poached eggs with lobster served on top of a crispy fried green tomato with Hollandaise sauce served with breakfast potatoes. I substituted fruit for the potatoes. View attachment 446315
This was a huge serving of pineapple, cantaloupe, and honey dew diced up really small. View attachment 446316
This is one of my favorite breakfast entrees. The tomatoes are crispy and the eggs are poached perfectly. (Not sure why the pic is upside down).
oh my that lobster dish looks amazing. and I'm surprisingly excited about your fruit dish. pretty basic yes, but the fact that they diced it all up small so that you could eat them easily just made me wonder why on earth your "typical" fruit cup always has huge chunks of fruit that are usually way too big for your mouth. :D why didn't someone think of this sooner???? LOL!!!!!

After lunch I picked up a cupcake at Sprinkles. Red Velvet is my favorite. This will be breakfast on day 3 before HS extra magic hours. View attachment 446331
Then I headed back to the resort to relax and cool down before heading to Epcot for dinner at Coral Reef. I arrived on time and was seated qucikly at a 2 top next to the tank. It was a great table. I saw rays, sharks, and even a turtle. They had a special menu for the 30th Anniversary of The Little Mermaid. View attachment 446340
The choices seem to be the same as before just some of the names are changed. I started with a Magical Star Cocktail - X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir Multicolored Glow Cube. This is very fruity and goes down easy. View attachment 446341
For my app I choose the Mushroom (Lobster-style) Salad - Wild Mushrooms, Hearts of Palm, Tomato, Avacado Purée, Lavash Crisp. I was a little unsure about this but was also curious. This is one of the new meatless items.
I really enjoyed it. It was very light with lots of flavor. View attachment 446343
I was also given a basket of rolls and butter. They were just basic rolls and plain butter.
View attachment 446344
My entree was Shrimp and Grits - Sautéed Shrimp, Cheddar Cheese Grits, Local Corn Succotash, Andouille Sausage, Creole Spice Emulsion. I loved this. Everything was very flavorful and worked well together.View attachment 446345
For dessert I had the Chocolate Wave - Warm Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Curls, Raspberry Gelato. This is one of my favorite desserts on property. It is so chocolate and rich and yet seems light at the same time. It is so good I dug right in and forgot to take a picture. It stormed during dinner so the skyliner was down. I walked around The Boardwalk for awhile and then walked over to Hollywood Studios and caught a bus back to Pop.
i must be hungry... because all of that looks and sounds wonderful!!! wow.... starving..

Day 6
Today started with breakfast at Rix Sports Bar and Grill. I started with a glass of water and a grapefruit juice.
27665B5B-FE80-42AD-B176-66CD6E577817.jpeg

For my meal I ordered the Chilaquiles Benedict - Soft Corn arepas, seared pork belly, soft poached eggs, and roasted poblano hollandaise, served with chilaquiles. This was really good. I was the only one in restaurant when I arrived but there were a couple other tables when I left.
440B0CF4-8699-4537-B550-608E9781BEA1.jpeg

After breakfast I headed to Animal Kingdom. I headed for the safari and rode it once before my fast pass time and then rode it for my fast pass. This is my all time favorite ride and the early rides seem to be the best. After my second safari I headed to Rafikis Planet watch. They were doing surgery on a small deer/antelope with infection in its hoof. The Nat Geo crew was there filming for the new Disney + series. It was very interesting. Then I did the Animation Station. We drew Ed the hyena from Lion King. It poured while I was inside. When it let up I headed for the train back to Harambe. I had lunch at Yak &Yeti. It was packed because of the rain. I used my Landry’s card and was seated quickly. I started with an iced tea and Kiwi Coconut Rita - Milagro Silver Tequila, Cointreau Orange Liqueur, fresh kiwi, sweet &sour and Coco Real Cream of Coconut.
7F6ECE84-AC29-44BE-AF95-BD21D43EEF7B.jpeg

I ordered Pork Pot Stickers- Pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce. I went with pan seared.
FB673539-23E5-4E31-BC89-5BF621470545.jpeg

I also ordered the Ahi Tuna Nachos- Sushi grade Ahi Tuna, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, sweet soy glaze.
2E675DA5-D77B-4477-BF35-C540021747DA.jpeg

I can never eat here without ordering dessert. Fried Wontons- Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle.
E47C3F59-C905-44D9-8EB2-0F648E33D6BF.jpeg

The sky was still pretty dark when I finished lunch so I decided to head back to the hotel. It started pouring again while I was on the bus.
The view from my room yesterday.
ECD35DD0-1554-4E56-92D3-810DD192CBE3.jpeg

The view from my room today.
985EF08F-CE36-4BD1-8C29-E47C04755EFB.jpeg

oh my that lobster dish looks amazing. and I'm surprisingly excited about your fruit dish. pretty basic yes, but the fact that they diced it all up small so that you could eat them easily just made me wonder why on earth your "typical" fruit cup always has huge chunks of fruit that are usually way too big for your mouth. :D why didn't someone think of this sooner???? LOL!!!!!
The lobster dish was great. And I agree about the fruit. I think the same thing about salads.
i must be hungry... because all of that looks and sounds wonderful!!! wow.... starving..
Everything has been great.
Great review, thanks for sharing!! I'm starving now....
Thanks for reading it. It’s going to be hard going back to reality tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was at Maya Grill. I started with El Diablo - Altos resposado tequila, cucumber, jalapeño, fresh lime juice, agave nectar. Infused table side, served on the rocks with hibiscus salt rim. This was refreshing and spicy. It was served
91001778-9F3A-4296-B9D4-092E6149CAFB.jpeg

I ordered several apps and sides instead of an entree. 1
Chips and Salsa- Crispy Tortilla Chips with House Made Salsa
AC9C27C5-907E-4904-84B1-C4704BE747E9.jpeg

Camarones - Tempura Rock Shrimp, Avocado Mousse, Mezcal Aioli, Black Sesame Seeds served on Corn Tostada. Theses had good flavors but the tempura was not fresh and crispy.
2FF046FA-56B2-4E61-BE9F-DAAC36443045.jpeg

Empanada de Barbacoa - Two Empanadas filled with Barbacoa Beef, topped with Chipotle Sauce, Crema Mexicana and Queso Fresco. These were hot and fresh.
458C5460-0779-4FBE-844B-D34C6CB420BB.jpeg

The 2 sides I ordered were Chipotle Brussels Sprouts and Yucca Fries with Mezcal Aioli. The yucca fries were good but the Brussels sprouts were the best thing of all. They were slightly sweet, a bit spicy and totally yummy.
ED8C82AD-120A-42CD-A838-41981D31E61F.jpeg
6745228F-EE4F-43E7-A1FD-C47B84B5F4B5.jpeg

I ordered dessert to go. Chili Ancho Creme Brûlée - Ancho chili infused custard, caramelized sugar in the raw and seasonal fruits. They packaged this up and gave it to me still in the ceramic serving dish. He didn’t ask if I was staying on site or anything.
845FDEF7-6E7F-4FD8-AB12-F1AC4D92DA13.jpeg

Just found your reviews. Wow you had some great food. Looking forward to reading more

Wow, I am so in awe of everything you have had so far I'm not even sure where to start. Yes I do, Annapurna Zing, Ahi Tuna Nachos, and Brussels Sprouts. Never was a more perfect drink, nacho, or veggie crafted. We clearly share very similar, and obviously very good tastes :P

Your meal in France looks absolutely amazing. What a wonderful, one of a kind Disney experience. And Harambe too!!! You certainly have me jealous for all the special Disney events

Just found your reviews. Wow you had some great food. Looking forward to reading more
Thanks for reading. Glad you enjoyed it. I had a great trip but day 7 I had to get on the MagicExpress at 5:45 am. I am home now planning for my February trip.
Wow, I am so in awe of everything you have had so far I'm not even sure where to start. Yes I do, Annapurna Zing, Ahi Tuna Nachos, and Brussels Sprouts. Never was a more perfect drink, nacho, or veggie crafted. We clearly share very similar, and obviously very good tastes :P

Your meal in France looks absolutely amazing. What a wonderful, one of a kind Disney experience. And Harambe too!!! You certainly have me jealous for all the special Disney events
It was a great trip with lots of great food and experiences. France and Harambe were both great. I enjoy trying as many different foods as I can. Being solo this trip I had no one to share with so having small tastes of several courses was perfect. By the way, I love reading your dining reports.

Reactions: DLo
Dinner tonight was at Maya Grill. I started with El Diablo - Altos resposado tequila, cucumber, jalapeño, fresh lime juice, agave nectar. Infused table side, served on the rocks with hibiscus salt rim. This was refreshing and spicy. It was served
View attachment 447487

I ordered several apps and sides instead of an entree. 1
Chips and Salsa- Crispy Tortilla Chips with House Made Salsa
View attachment 447488

Camarones - Tempura Rock Shrimp, Avocado Mousse, Mezcal Aioli, Black Sesame Seeds served on Corn Tostada. Theses had good flavors but the tempura was not fresh and crispy.
View attachment 447489

Empanada de Barbacoa - Two Empanadas filled with Barbacoa Beef, topped with Chipotle Sauce, Crema Mexicana and Queso Fresco. These were hot and fresh.
View attachment 447490

The 2 sides I ordered were Chipotle Brussels Sprouts and Yucca Fries with Mezcal Aioli. The yucca fries were good but the Brussels sprouts were the best thing of all. They were slightly sweet, a bit spicy and totally yummy.
View attachment 447491
View attachment 447493

I ordered dessert to go. Chili Ancho Creme Brûlée - Ancho chili infused custard, caramelized sugar in the raw and seasonal fruits. They packaged this up and gave it to me still in the ceramic serving dish. He didn’t ask if I was staying on site or anything.
View attachment 447492
i think my DH would LOVE this place!!! we have never really ventured out to TS at the resorts, other than our home resort - Jiko and Boma which we both love. Well, that's sort of a lie. LOL! We have done Ohana, Califonia Grill, ok, well scratch that. LOL!!!! I'm going to have to tell him about this place. :D

Your food at Tiffins and Toledo all looks incredible! That was a good day of eating for sure :)
They were both great. I have plans to return to Toledo in February and Tiffins in April.
Oh and those Brussels sprouts...yum! :lovestruc
The Brussels sprouts were pure perfection.
i think my DH would LOVE this place!!! we have never really ventured out to TS at the resorts, other than our home resort - Jiko and Boma which we both love. Well, that's sort of a lie. LOL! We have done Ohana, Califonia Grill, ok, well scratch that. LOL!!!! I'm going to have to tell him about this place. :D
It’s hard to top Jiko and Boma but it’s always fun to try somewhere new.

Just read through your report and I am salivating......so much deliciousness! Thanks for sharing and for giving some new ideas to try on my next trip!

Great report! Everything looked and sounded amazing! And what a great view from your room.

Harambe Nights seemed to have a great variety of food to try. Something I will have to consider trying in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter