Quick Service Alcohol Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my plan too when we used a QS meal for breakfast at the Poly. I was going to grab a bottle of wine and save it for the evening. Who is saying this isn’t allowed? @eeyoresmom have you tried this since you’ve been there?
Sorry, we avoid the food courts in the morning. If I stop in there again before we leave tomorrow I'll ask. Edited to add. I did stop in and asked at Captain Cooks. They will allow beer and wine at breakfast with a qs credit.

Last edited:
We are finding that you you really have to work at it to find cocktails.
Here now as well, and I agree- you certainly do.

In relations to cocktails- It becomes a compromise- find a place with better booze or find a place with better food.

Mexico pavilion is certainly the standout for both food and cocktail value.

Outside of that, the best drink menus (by far) will be the pool lounges.

Here now as well, and I agree- you certainly do.

In relations to cocktails- It becomes a compromise- find a place with better booze or find a place with better food.

Mexico pavilion is certainly the standout for both food and cocktail value.

Outside of that, the best drink menus (by far) will be the pool lounges.
Agree with everything. Being that you really SHOULD tip at pool bars, the value of the credit is lessened further.

Bump for a reminder-

Anyone who goes and gets drinks that we don’t have confirmed yet, please share so I can italicize or strike through.

Does 1900 PF have wine at dinner? Wondering if anyone’s been to a dinner buffet and been able to order a drink on the dining plan?

Anyone use QSDP to get drinks at Pop, either food court or Petals pool bar?
Can you get them at petals with
DP( don't you have to buy food to use with QSDP?)

Last edited:

Anyone use QSDP to get drinks at Pop, either food court or Petals pool bar?
Can you get the at petals with
DP( don't you have to buy food to use with QSDP?)

It looks like Petals serves food that could be a QS credit, so it's definitely worth a try. The reports above have said the resort pool bars are the best places to use the QS credit and get a variety of alcohol instead of just beer or wine.

I need someone to try a few things for "research"

D-Luxe Burger - Boozy Shakes with Burger

All Star Food Court - Boozy Shakes like Green Room, etc with Dinner

All Star Food Court - Boozy Shakes like Jam Session, etc with Breakfast (Yes, I know... but really... single mom with three kids here, gotta get my chill somewhere)

does anyone know if you can save the alcoholic beverages for any time or do you have to use them with your QS meal

does anyone know if you can save the alcoholic beverages for any time or do you have to use them with your QS meal

Must be used with the QS unless they have a bottled option you could take with you. Still must be ordered at the same time you order your meal.

Basically, the whole QS entitlement must be used at the same time.
The only time you can "save" something for later is SOME resort food courts will let you sub a dessert for your drink and you can get that dessert up to an hour after purchasing your meal. That is for if you want ice cream or something that can't sit there for a while as you eat your meal. They will mark your receipt accordingly.

If an adult and an under 21 eat at QS can they get 2 alcohol drinks if the adult drinks both?

Last edited:
If an adult and an under 21 eat at QS can they get 2 alcohol drinks if the adult drinks both?

That was what I was going to ask.

My youngest is in a wheelchair, so I'd likely had him go sit and wait at a table, then I go get our meals anyway. So I'd rather have 2 glasses of wine, for instance, then get him a soft drink with a snack credit. If I can order 2 meals "for me" at a time, then the QSDP may be worth it for us, for once.

Normally when we had the plan (QSDP) for free late August, we go home with a ton of snack credits left over. But since we're going during Flower & Garden, we'd use them at the booths a lot. So I'm debating adding the dining plan this time.

That was what I was going to ask.

My youngest is in a wheelchair, so I'd likely had him go sit and wait at a table, then I go get our meals anyway. So I'd rather have 2 glasses of wine, for instance, then get him a soft drink with a snack credit. If I can order 2 meals "for me" at a time, then the QSDP may be worth it for us, for once.

Normally when we had the plan (QSDP) for free late August, we go home with a ton of snack credits left over. But since we're going during Flower & Garden, we'd use them at the booths a lot. So I'm debating adding the dining plan this time.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing preventing you from doing so. They may ask to see ID, they may not. With the addition of mobile ordering, I'd say your chances of being able to do so without question are even higher.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing preventing you from doing so. They may ask to see ID, they may not. With the addition of mobile ordering, I'd say your chances of being able to do so without question are even higher.

You can't use the dining plan with mobile ordering.

I just realized, though, that I'm booked with a (slight) discount, and our room type is no longer available. I'm not going to bother buying the qsdp this trip then.

I could, however, easily drink 2 wines at lunch (and plan on it!). It's my vacation as well as his!

You can't use the dining plan with mobile ordering.

I just realized, though, that I'm booked with a (slight) discount, and our room type is no longer available. I'm not going to bother buying the qsdp this trip then.

I could, however, easily drink 2 wines at lunch (and plan on it!). It's my vacation as well as his!

The latest version of MDE does allow mobile ordering with a DP.

Friends who just got back said they tried to order 3 quick services for them (adults) and their 12 yo child with alcohol as he only drinks water, they asked for I.D. for the 3rd drink so they were only able to get the 2 for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!