Quick Service Alcohol Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed when I was looking at Water Park menus that there are some nice alcoholic beverages offered such as Strawberry Daiquiris, Pina Coladas, and Grey Goose Slushies!

I haven't heard any reports of anyone going to the Water Parks to redeem a QS credit yet (it's been pretty cold, and Typhoon Lagoon is closed now anyway..) It would be great to sit on a lounger and have one of those cocktails!
Did you see these options where there were QS food options? The website I was looking at only seemed to show a Chardonnay, a red option and a beer at the main QS restaurants. The nice cocktails didn’t seem to be where the food options were so probably unavailable in the QS I thought.

When ordering at the pool bars as a CS meal are you suppose to tip the bartender ??

My family loves the dining plan. The one flaw is the beverage with QS at the resort. Last trip I left 10 bottled beverages in my room fridge when we checked out. Makes no sense when we have the refillable mug at the resort. I send a letter to guest services after every trip complaining about this.

Well, it never hurts to ask. I do know Pop will NOT budge on swapping out a drink for a anything else. I’ll report back how they handle the wine with breakfast - it’s the only meal I’m planing at the resort.

They have always allowed us an extra side/snack etc you just ask

They have always allowed us an extra side/snack etc you just ask

There were many reports last year that POP was no longer allowing anything other than a bottled beverage. The substitution language was removed from the brochure when they took the dessert away from the QS meal and added the extra snack, and many places are no longer allowing it, even the resorts.

In September, Pop would not allow any swapping. Had to get a beverage. No problem swapping out a dessert or side at AofA though.

There were many reports last year that POP was no longer allowing anything other than a bottled beverage. The substitution language was removed from the brochure when they took the dessert away from the QS meal and added the extra snack, and many places are no longer allowing it, even the resorts.

That is really odd, we had no problems at all when we did 10 days at beach club, they allowed us to switch out the drink, as my kids kept getting tubs of ice cream as their dessert, since no dessert on the qs anymore.

We just got back from a December trip but was there 22 days so no ddp, we go back again in April for 14 days with ddp I wonder if we will have problems then, I hope not

Did you see these options where there were QS food options? The website I was looking at only seemed to show a Chardonnay, a red option and a beer at the main QS restaurants. The nice cocktails didn’t seem to be where the food options were so probably unavailable in the QS I thought.

I double checked, and at Blizzard Beach, they didn't have a lot of options (although I thought they did before??!?)

There are still cocktails at At Typhoon Lagoon - however they are closed now for refurbishment - I wonder if they will modify the menu when it opens up again?

Snack Shack, there is QS entrees and Margarita and Pina Colada:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/typhoon-lagoon/snack-shack/menus/

Low Tide Lou's has Strawberry Margarita, Citron Slushy and Black Cherry Lemonade:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/typhoon-lagoon/snack-shack/menus/

At Disney Springs now. Wolfgang Puck Express allows any beer or wine, they do not serve any mixed drinks but we received a very generous pour tonight. I did stop in the Polite Pig and asked what was allowed. I was told anything single serve on the menu and they have lots of cocktails on tap.

Last edited:
@eeyoresmom thanks for the updates!

What is up with France? Seriously, no red wine?! Seems like Disney would reimburse them for a $7 glass of red wine.
Yeah it's ridiculous really considering you can get a $16 margarita in Mexico. We won't be returning there on the dining plans.

We are going this,summer w qsdp. We have kids over age 10 w us. I have looked very hard thrru Lines menus, and can't seem to find anywhere where the kids would get a "Specialty" drink w their qs meal credit. No qs venues have milkshakes or pretty much any drink for kids that they couldnt get w qsdp before. Seems like the kids on qsdp are really the losers w this new addition to dp. They are paying full adult price but not getting anything additional or "special".
A few places serve strawberry daquiris. I'm wondering if we could ordet a virgin one for the kids. Its basically pureed strawberries and sounds yummy on a hot day. But there really isnt anything anywhere for them on qs. I quess we could try and order a beer or wine for us w their qs meal, but do we really want 2 alcoholic bevs each w lunch while they drink water? No.
I'd love to hear what families with tweens and teens on qsdp are finding out!

We are going this,summer w qsdp. We have kids over age 10 w us. I have looked very hard thrru Lines menus, and can't seem to find anywhere where the kids would get a "Specialty" drink w their qs meal credit. No qs venues have milkshakes or pretty much any drink for kids that they couldnt get w qsdp before. Seems like the kids on qsdp are really the losers w this new addition to dp. They are paying full adult price but not getting anything additional or "special".
A few places serve strawberry daquiris. I'm wondering if we could ordet a virgin one for the kids. Its basically pureed strawberries and sounds yummy on a hot day. But there really isnt anything anywhere for them on qs. I quess we could try and order a beer or wine for us w their qs meal, but do we really want 2 alcoholic bevs each w lunch while they drink water? No.
I'd love to hear what families with tweens and teens on qsdp are finding out!
Honestly, not only the Disney juniors on QSDP, but Disney juniors on DDP lose too because they were allowed specialty drinks before 2018. My "Disney juniors" got the fancy slushies at Skipper's and other places, and milkshakes at Sci-Fi, etc., in previous years (just the drink, no souvenir glass). I'm pretty sure virgin strawberry daiquiris are allowed. Note that it is NOT pureed strawberries. It's a strawberry syrup that is blended with ice.

I think the new DDP is a good deal for adults, but not so good for those Disney Juniors. You may want to do the math and see if it still makes sense for your family!

Just had lunch at Tangerine Cafe in Epcot. We were offered beer, wine or red or white sangria. The sangria is served without ice in one of those tiny 3 ounce plastic wine glasses so that was kind of a disappointment. We are finding that you you really have to work at it to find cocktails.

It says it’s allowed in the 2018 dining plan brochure. I guess we need to save a copy on our phones. I like this idea of saving drinks for happy hour :rotfl2:
This was my plan too when we used a QS meal for breakfast at the Poly. I was going to grab a bottle of wine and save it for the evening. Who is saying this isn’t allowed? @eeyoresmom have you tried this since you’ve been there?

This was my plan too when we used a QS meal for breakfast at the Poly. I was going to grab a bottle of wine and save it for the evening. Who is saying this isn’t allowed? @eeyoresmom have you tried this since you’ve been there?

Just saying it MAY NOT be allowed. There has only been one post from someone who tried it and was told no. But as I posted to goofygal, here's the rest of the fine print from the DDP brochure:

Keep reading:

Beverages:
Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single-serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) within their meal entitlement.

A few places serve strawberry daquiris. I'm wondering if we could ordet a virgin one for the kids. Its basically pureed strawberries and sounds yummy on a hot day. But there really isnt anything anywhere for them on qs.

That should be an option *if* the place where you're eating mixes their own. A lot of the QS location drinks are pre-mixed, the kind that are served from something like a slurpee machine, and in those places they may not actually be able to make a virgin version of the drinks they serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!