Quick service dining plan - when is it “worth it”?

blf14

Mouseketeer
Talking pure dollars and cents here. I’m pretty solid on knowing if/when the standard plan is “worth it” ... we usually look at the price of our TS
ADRs, if they’re over $45 or not. It’s easy because those are all planned :)

What about the QS plan? Any solid “rule of thumb”? Or just pull up the menu/prices of every single QS we might consider and go from there?

Or just pull up the menu/prices of every single QS we might consider and go from there?

This is exactly what we did. And it was absolutely not even close to worth it for us to get the dining plan.

Worth it depends on the individual.
Do the math and figure it out for yourself.

For me the only time the QSDP is financially worth it is if its FD.
I have gotten it just for convenience sake though as well.
I do find the regular DDP to be worth it financially though.

Talking pure dollars and cents here. I’m pretty solid on knowing if/when the standard plan is “worth it” ... we usually look at the price of our TS
ADRs, if they’re over $45 or not. It’s easy because those are all planned :)

What about the QS plan? Any solid “rule of thumb”? Or just pull up the menu/prices of every single QS we might consider and go from there?

If you're going to order an alcoholic drink with ALL your QS meals, then it's worth it.

If you have older, but still Disney kids who will eat adult QS meals, then it's probably worth it.

For looking at menus and doing the math, you need to "spend" about $21 at each QS to break even.

For us it is not even close to worth it. We split a lot of meals, can easily do without the alcohol, and just do a granola bar-type breakfast in the room.
When we went for 9 days last year with (me, DH, DS15, DS12) we came home with 89 snacks because of all the leftover meal and snack credits we had. That was free dining, thank goodness.

We are a family of 7. Our kiddos are older, 21,19,17,14 and 10. They have large appetites! We are doing the QS plan this trip. We just liked the idea of having everything paid for before arrival. We’ve done the TS plan a few times, but the kids aren’t into character meals any longer and we’d rather not be tied down to dining reservations.

For me the only time the QS was worth it dollars a cents wise was when it was free. I’ve thought about it other times but I never seem to justify the cost, short or long trip. I don’t drink much though, especially with all the walking at Disney. I really can only see it working out for those who will drink at most meal and have no 9-21 yr old kids.

My husband and I did the QS plan on our recent trip and it was our first time trying the dining plan. Like others have stated, it is only worth it if you drink alcohol. My husband and I would both order beer with our breakfast and take them back to the room frig before heading out for the day. Then, for dinner we would have a drink with our meal. My husband would drink his "breakfast beer" at the end of the day back in the room. The fact that they were 16 ounce beers meant that he had roughly 3 beers available to him at the end of every day ...... he loved it. It worked so well, that our adult kids are doing it with us on the next trip.

Last edited:
If you are using the snack credits during Food and wine, it doesn't take long for you to hit the price. People also forget to add the tax, which makes a big difference to the bottom line. It is not for everyone, but it or the regular plan often works for our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter