Quick service/ kids meals

pannm

Mouseketeer
When on the quick service meal plan, does Disney separate those quick service/meal credits? Like we have one kid between 3-9...so will all of her meal credits be 'kids meal only option'. And how does Disney do it for restaurants that don't have kids meal options?

Example: family of 5, staying 8 nights with quick service meal plan. Will our credits be -16 kids meals and the rest regular meals?

I have been trying to figure this out for a while, but get different answers when I read things! Even the Disney mom's site says that the credits aren't separated into "kids meal vs. regular meal" for quick service. But the Disney website says kids meals must be purchased for kids using quick service. So confusing. Then, there are a few places that have no kids meal options...

Quick service credits are not separated by adult and kids. Table service are, but that's another question. You will be able to get her an adult or kids meal no questions asked.

Disney "policy"states kids must order from the kids menu. But, the quick service credits are all combined. It's a loophole in their system. Enjoy!!!

You guys just made my day!!!! We aren't out to "get one over on Disney" or anything, BUT She is totally a mini foodie and is just as excited about eating and trying new things as the rest of us are. She was super bummed to see how many places we plan to eat JUST have the "kids food" options of a burger or mac and cheese or a PB&J. The poor kids really get the short end of the deal if they don't WANT to just eat that their entire trip (I mean...HAHAHAHAAHA, they're at Disney, so I don't feel too horrible for them, but I think people with adventurous food kids can understand what I'm trying to say...). Disney needs to expand some of their kids meal options and not just "assume" that every kid will only eat burgers, Mac and cheese, pb&j and chicken strips. How hard can it be to make a smaller portion of the food they already prepare for the adult entrees??? SHE LOVES food and we are a food family who LOVES to try new things. She will be SO EXCITED!!! She's got her eyes on some really interesting foods.

THANK YOU GUYS again!!!

Last edited:

You guys just made my day!!!! We aren't out to "get one over on Disney" or anything, BUT She is totally a mini foodie and is just as excited about eating and trying new things as the rest of us are. She was super bummed to see how many places we plan to eat JUST have the "kids food" options of a burger or mac and cheese or a PB&J. The poor kids really get the short end of the deal if they don't WANT to just eat that their entire trip (I mean...HAHAHAHAAHA, they're at Disney, so I don't feel too horrible for them, but I think people with adventurous food kids can understand what I'm trying to say...). Disney needs to expand some of their kids meal options and not just "assume" that every kid will only eat burgers, Mac and cheese, pb&j and chicken strips. How hard can it be to make a smaller portion of the food they already prepare for the adult entrees??? SHE LOVES food and we are a food family who LOVES to try new things. She will be SO EXCITED!!! She's got her eyes on some really interesting foods.

THANK YOU GUYS again!!!

Disney really cannot win on this one. They had more options but I read numerous complaints that kids don't want to eat anything but kids foods such as mac and cheeses, nuggets etc. They were chastised becuase of unhealthy options, added whole grain buns and less fatty foods, and BOOM! "It's vacation!" Honestly, they cannot win.

WHen my DGD was young we did not know about the pooling of CS meals, so many times she got the adult order and my DD ate the kids grilled cheese. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!