Quick Service Restaurants.... favourites?

Courtney Disney 2019

Earning My Ears
We leave next week and I am looking for a list of good quick service restaurants. Jolly Holiday is on our list, maybe bangle bbq? I was looking at hungry bear and smoke jumpers but no one really mentions them in these threads, I do like that they have mobile ordering though.

What kinds of food do you and your group normally like? DLR has a wide range of options, so it's helpful to know what you are interested in.

For my family, we like Jolly Holiday, the Plaza Inn, French Market, and Red Rose Tavern. I'm not really a burger-person, so Smoke Jumpers and Hungry Bear aren't on our "must go" list (although Hungry Bear has pretty good funnel cake offerings).

My favorites are French Market and Little Red Wagon (corn dogs) at DL. Pizza Planet isn't too bad either. For DCA, I love Pacific Wharf Cafe and Award Wieners. I just discovered the latter, but it was great!

Smokejumpers is good if it's hot and you need to get some A/C...if you can find a table inside. And Hungry Bear is great for the outdoor views. Hungry Bear used to have this amazing Fried Green Tomato sandwich years ago, but now it's just a plain old burger joint. And Jolly Holiday has the super yummy grilled cheese and tomato bisque .... that's one of the best meals at DL!

We always love to hit Pacific Wharf at DCA. It has the bread bowls, plus Mexican and Chinese in the same area. The perfect lunch food court.

At DL, Plaza Inn is considered quick service. But it has amazing fried chicken. And I've heard the pot roast is good as well, though I've not tried it because I get it at mom's house every Sunday. A lot of people like the Red Rose Tavern at DL. It's alright for me. I miss the Pinnochio Village Haus theme with the pretzel sausage dog. I'd love to see that item come back!

We like to try and visit these QS locations (Usually for specific foods).
Breakfast is Flo's in DCA and Red Rose Tavern in DL. Plaza Inn for the fried chicken, anything from Bengal BBQ, Rancho del Zocalo, the Mint Julep bar for beignets and Disneyland mint juleps.

French Market and Rancho Del Zocalo have been my favorites for years.

Bengal BBQ is really good, but has been more of a snack stop for me and the new tropical getaway I’d say is also more in the snack group.

Red Rose Tavern and Galactic Grill have always been ok to me, but never really wowed me.

Over in DCA, I like the pacific wharf area’s offerings.

We mainly eat TS at DL but found Red Rose Tavern to be alright.

Our favourite at DCA is Pacific Wharf Cafe. Those bread bowls are delicious! We've also enjoyed our meals at Flo's, and the mobile ordering there is handy.

On a trip we find we eat at Rancho del Zocalo more than once, we like the ambiance, the food is good (it's still just Disneyland food, but we think, one of the better options), the portions are generous and you can get free refills there, I think it's the only place where that is allowed.

We usually eat at Hungry Bear once because we just love sitting right next to Rivers of America and watching the Mark Twain and Columbia roll by (and canoes when open). We've found the food to be decent. We always get the Chicken Fusilli from Pizza Planet, but we are only there for that entree, it's now tradition, I don't care for the area in general (Tomorrowland) and our preference is to eat it elsewhere, last trip we got it to go and carried it out to Main Street and sat down and ate it while waiting for a parade, so I'm not necessarily recommending the restaurant, but we do like that entree.

I also consider Bengal BBQ more of a snack, but it's a tasty treat. I think the only thing we've ever eaten at DCA is at the Pacific Wharf Cafe, either clam chowder or mac and cheese in a breadbowl.

We like Bengal BBQ (Safari Skewers), Red Rose Tavern (Cauliflower Sandwich), French Market (Corn Chowder), Harbor Galley (time this to watch the Columbia being prepared for F!), Flo's, Paradise Garden Grill, and soup bowls from Pacific Wharf.
But, OP, don't forget that there are good CS options outside the parks that aren't far away. Whitewater Snacks at the GCH is just around the corner from the GCH/DCA gate. In DTD there are many CS options: La Brea Bakery Express, Napolini Pizza, Tortilla Jo's Taqueria, Earl of Sandwich, etc.
DLR has so many choices!

I tried Earl of Sandwich just this past trip in October after it had reopened and really liked it. It was a good out of the park option for a quick meal (which we took back to our room to eat and watch some football)

I go to these the most:
Red rose tavern- mainly for the breakfast platters.
Flo’s: club sandwich; I actually don’t care for the breakfast here
Rancho del zocalo: tostada salad!

Maybe I just don’t have a large appetite but I feel like these places give you so much food for a decent price. I can never finish by myself!

Plaza Inn, Bengal Barbecue, Rancho Del Zocalo, White Water Snacks, Smoke Jumpers, Broadwalk Pizza and Pasta and Stage Door Cafe.

Last edited:
All that have been mentioned above are great. Personally, I really enjoy Lamplight Lounge. It is just a great little place to relax, and they have very comfy chairs all around. I really like the outdoor area downstairs. The tables that are low to the ground, like a coffee table are great with the big puffy chairs.

Recently we ate downstairs,in the inside area, and had a table that was low, with large lounge chairs you just sink into. It is a very relaxing place in my opinion.

I can;'t say they are the "best," but over the years we usually end up at:
DCA: Smokejumpers burgers, Pacific Wharf Cafe bread bowls, Flo's
DL: Pizza Planet, Hungry Bear

Alternative ideas for DL:
1. Carnation Cafe isn't much more than a QS place and is really good. If you have a reservation it doesn't even take longer than wait at QS during peak times.
2. I have spent entire days at DL eating mainly snacks and from kiosks -- there are that many and that good. Bread bowls, corn dogs, ice cream, churros, beignets, fruit slushes. Maybe not super nutritious but combined they often take the place of at least one meal.

PHXscuba

DCA: Paradise Garden and Grill, Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. The atmosphere in this area is great. And the food, especially the pasta at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta, is one of the best size/taste/price ratios in the park.

We love The Plaza Inn and go each trip. We also like La Brea Bakery and Tortilla Joe's Taquerilla in DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter