Quick trip report

crystal1313

DIS Veteran
Quick summary of our annual Christmas trip (11/30-12/1)

We arrived well before rope drop both days. We took an Uber and chanced being dropped off on the Harbor side drop off area. It worked out well. I was worried about crazy security lines, but at 7:10 and 7:15, it was fine. Didn’t wait at all on Friday and had about a ten minute wait on Saturday.

We did DCA Friday. And DL Sat. We did not buy hoppers. I was scared of that decision, but actually, really loved it! (Yes, we knew it was extra morning hours for each park on the days we picked. It worked out just fine =)

I was very apprehensive about spending the extra $80 on MaxPass. 1. Because we used it last year and didn’t seem to get a lot out of it, and 2. We were not park hopping, so I didn’t know if we really needed it. Well, I am happy to report that it was well worth it and we totally got our monies worth! A total of 43 attractions, in 2 days. And we were back in the hotel by 9:30 each night! We set alarms for when we could get our next FP. Worked out well! We never waited more than 30 minutes for any attraction. On Saturday at DL, by 8:30, we had been on Space Mountain 3 times and were in line for Star Tours. So amazing! My kids even played on Tom Sawyer Island for about an hour that day! (thank you to all who helped me with my Maxpass questions!)

I think the only negative about MaxPass is how glitchy the app can be sometimes. Things would not load, or the app would crash. I got a little frustrated a couple times, but overall it was fine. I am just really impatient with technology sometimes. Overall, it was a very minor thing…

A big milestone for my youngest DS9 was: riding Incredicoaster for the first time. He loved it and we rode it 3 times, once at night! He tried Guardians last year and wasn’t a fan. He was a good sport and agreed to try it again. We even got The Jackson 5 (one of my boys favorites) and he still wasn’t a fan. That’s ok, DS10 was just fine with being able to ride twice in a row with DS9 FP. LOL.

Also, both boys rode the Matterhorn again. They had both been on it lots of times before they re-did the abominable snowman. They do not like the new yeti, so we had not been on the Matterhorn in a long time. Harold scared DS9, but DS10 was ok. I think DS10 would go on the Matterhorn again now. I was thrilled with the additional padding they have added and I did not exit the ride with a headache!

We had the best time on Splash Mountain trying to come up with silly poses for the camera! These are memories that we will cherish!

We had dinner at Carthay on Saturday. I thought the food was really good. My husband was not as impressed. Service was excellent as usual. We might try Steakhouse 55 next trip. We have dined there before, but not with our kids. I think they are old enough to handle it now.

We tried mobile ordering in DL on Saturday for lunch and loved that too! It seemed very organized and quick. I would do that again. Walking past the long Dole whip line and grabbing ours was the best!

This was one of the most amazing trips we have ever taken to the parks. Everyone we encountered, guests and CM’s alike, seemed friendlier and happier as well (with one CM exception that I will cut a break. Everyone has a bad day) We also prepared for insane crowds, but felt we really never experienced that. It was wonderful and going to the parks really gets us in the Christmas spirit.

If you are interested in what we rode, here is the list:

Guardians x2
Incerdicoaster x3
Goofy’s x4
RSR x2
Little Mermaid
Soarin
Maters x2
Toy Story
GRR x5

Space Mtn x3
Star Tours
Buzz Lightyear
Matterhorn
Big Thunder x3
Splash x6
HMH x2
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Indy
Autopia
Small World
(Tom Sawyer island)

Please ask if you have any questions!

Thanks for the report!

I'm headed to Disneyland in March. I'm a Disney World veteran (literally there every Sunday) so I'm curious about the maxpass. From what I've read it's unlimited but you have to wait until the day of your trip to book them? So can you have five on your phone at one time?

Thanks everyone! Yes, mobile order for Dole whips is a major game changer! So awesome!

@CleKait, yes, you have to wait until your park ticket is scanned to be able to reserve a fastpass. But we were able to reserve fastpasses as soon as we entered even before rope drop. Which was amazing! That's how we got to ride Space mtn 3 times in 30 minutes. We reserved a FP for 8:00AM. When the ropes dropped, we high tailed it to the stand by line and literally walked onto Space. No waiting at all. Then we got off, went right back into the stand by line and waited maybe 5 min? Then used our FP for the 3rd ride. We wanted to keep going but our DS9 was over it at that point. LOL. He enjoys it, but I think it takes a lot out of him and 3 rides in a row was all that he could handle. The link above is great info and I also recommend searching here in this forum for some great tips! Have a wonderful trip!

Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing. I’m looking forward to trying mobile ordering on our next trip. Especially for Dole Whips!

Thank you! We used to go to the parks more often (2-3 times a year) but can no longer afford to do that. It was neat seeing how excited my kids were for this trip. They could hardly contain themselves! I think it was a combination of them being older and us only going once a year now. It's been difficult coming back to reality! We miss DL! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter