Quickie BWV Report

Jimbo

6 AM and already the boy ain't right.<br><font col
Just returned this afternoon from three nights in a 2BR at BWV. We stayed there after our 7 night cruise on the Magic, so there's a lot for us to catch up on, and this will be short. Anyway...

We checked in at 11:00. We purchased UPHs for the group. One nice touch was that our CM charged us the child rate for our 10YO granddaughter, which saved us a few bucks. Our room wasn't ready, so we walked over to Epcot to enjoy the F&W festival.

At 3:00 I called and our room was ready, so we walked back to BWV and went to rooms 5072-5074. We were surprised to find that we had a pool view, since we had confirmed a BWV view. I called the front desk, and a snippy CM told me as long as we had a preferred view, we had nothing to complain about. I told her she was wrong, so she put me on hold while she tried to find a BW view room. After about 5 minutes on hold, I got the picture and gave up.

We weren't unhappy with our room anyway. It was just a few doors from the elevator, which was nice. It felt bigger than we expected, too (we had only stayed in BWV studios in the past). There were dirty towels on the bathroom floor, plus some pajamas(!), but otherwise everything was in order.

Here's a few random thoughts:
  • The resorts were decorated for Christmas, and Bing Crosby was singing carols over the sound system. On the first weekend in November!!!
  • The MK stayed open until 11:00 on Saturday. When we got back to the BW, it was almost totally dead. About the only thing open were the fortune tellers.
  • We took the bus to MK twice, and service was pretty decent.
  • The F&W festival was a lot of fun, as always.
  • As DVC memvbers, we got to ride the new Stitch ride. It was OK, better than the old Alien attraction, but nothing to get too excited about.
  • We hadn't been to WDW for 18 months, and so hadn't seen Wishes or Mickey's PhilharMagic before. Both of these are must sees! Two of the best things we did.
Well, I guess this wasn't so short after all.

Thanks for the report. I have a boardwalk view reserved for next month and that's my biggest fear, that somehow we will not get it after I called at 11 months at 9:00am day by day.

I am glad you enjoyed it in spite of the initial treatment you received. I am most impressed by your ability to write a trip report so soon upon your return:teeth:

Thanks, Lisa:sunny:

Well, Lisa, it was basically now or never. :D

I am surprised that this was moved from the DVC board, though. The Boardwalk view problem is strictly a DVC issue, and I would think that the thread should have stayed there. Or at least moved to the Resorts board, if it had to be moved. :confused: :confused:

Whoops! I see this is the DVC Community Board. I didn't know there even was such a place! Boy, you go away for a couple of weeks and you feel so lost when you return. Nevermind!

Originally posted by DebbieB
Thanks for the report. I have a boardwalk view reserved....and that's my biggest fear, that somehow we will not get it after I called at 11 months at 9:00am day by day.

My thinking exactly. I am checking in in 9 days and now this has me thinking. I will make sure to mention it at the front desk before taking the key to the room.

HBC

Originally posted by DebbieB
Thanks for the report. I have a boardwalk view reserved for next month and that's my biggest fear, that somehow we will not get it after I called at 11 months at 9:00am day by day.

I am a little worried about this, too and am very disappointed to read about the OP's experience. That wasn't right!

Best wishes -

Originally posted by Jimbo
[*]We hadn't been to WDW for 18 months, and so hadn't seen Wishes or Mickey's PhilharMagic before. Both of these are must sees! Two of the best things we did.[/list] Well, I guess this wasn't so short after all.
Yes...we can't get enough of these two!

Great report....welcome back!

Originally posted by Jimbo
...SNIP...
At 3:00 I called and our room was ready, so we walked back to BWV and went to rooms 5072-5074. We were surprised to find that we had a pool view, since we had confirmed a BWV view. I called the front desk, and a snippy CM told me as long as we had a preferred view, we had nothing to complain about. I told her she was wrong, so she put me on hold while she tried to find a BW view room. After about 5 minutes on hold, I got the picture and gave up.
I would have walked down to the front desk with my confirmation in hand. If I received the response you did, I would then ask to speak to a manager. This should not happen, and you were at least entitled to some form of compensation for the failure to deliver the accommodations you booked, as indicated on your confirmation form. Perhaps a free dinner for your entire group at Flying Fish or Cal Grill would have soothed your unhappiness :) .

Ralph

Originally posted by Ralph&Pam
I would have walked down to the front desk with my confirmation in hand. If I received the response you did, I would then ask to speak to a manager. This should not happen, and you were at least entitled to some form of compensation for the failure to deliver the accommodations you booked, as indicated on your confirmation form. Perhaps a free dinner for your entire group at Flying Fish or Cal Grill would have soothed your unhappiness :) .

Ralph
Well, dinner would have been nice, especially at those two restaurants. But we were just staying for three nights, and I didn't want to spend much time hassling over the room. Especially since, as I said, we were already getting comfortable with the room we were given.

But it shouldn't have happened, and for sure that CM shouldn't have put me into "on-hold hell" like she did. That was rotten.

Jimbo, I'm sure you were happier for not bothering about it. The points are the same.

Is BW VIEW indicated on the confirmation form? The cast members should be aware that is guaranteed and not just a "preference."

I have a Boardwalk View Studio ressie for Apr 30 - May 7 (just added Apr 30 today :bounce: :Pinkbounc one more day at the World) and it specifically says on my ressie sheet that it is Boardwalk View (and top floor to boot).

I did the day to day thing, added Apr 30 and called to have them mail me a confirmation sheet as the last one we have is missing the last two days and each time I've said "this is boardwalk view, Correct?" and each time I am assured it is.

As you can see from our countdown, we'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary and we want it to be "SPECIAL". If we don't have a BW view when we get there, I can assure you the front desk will not enjoy their day!

Wow. I have a SV 2br in 3 weeks. Hope they make a mistake and give me a BW view!

Seriously - I would have marched down with my confirmation and talked with a Manager. Sounds like you were just as OK with the pool, but I would have not let it go as I would want the guaranteed BW! I hate that pool view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter