Quieter Restaurants

kylieh

DIS Veteran
I know that most WDW restaurants aren't quiet, but which ones aren't as bad noise wise? As a reference based on our last trip Biergarten was loud, whilst Teppan Edo was ok. We won't be doing character meals and are eating OOP.

Hollywood Brown Derby has always been one of our quieter meals. Garden Grove, Le Cellier, and The Wave have all been peaceful, as well.

I thought Le Cellier for lunch was pretty quiet (though I didn't love the food). Via Napoli if you are willing to request (and wait for) an outside seat. It is way too loud inside. San Angel Inn and Chefs de France for an early lunch when they first open aren't too bad because they aren't too crowded. Yachtsman and Narcoosee's for early dinners when they first open were also quiet because they weren't crowded.

Depends on what type of restaurants you are interested in dining and whether or not it's in the park or resort. Some options for quieter restaurants off the top of my head are Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin, Olivia's at Old Key West, Turf Club at Saratoga Springs, Jiko and Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Le Cellier at Epcot, Tokyo Dining at Epcot, Columbia Harbor House (upstairs seating).

We've found that the same restaurants can be MUCH quieter at lunchtime than dinnertime. I've been to Coral Reef for several lunches and it's been find. But when I went once for dinner, boy was it loud! Same with Rose and Crown.

I think the out of the way resort restaurants are your best bet.

Surf Club at SSR
Olivias at OKW
Grand Floridian Café at the Grand

ETA: I think that Tiffins at lunchtime is pretty quiet.

Last edited:

Not quiet at all: any of the buffets, Cali Grill, Le Cellier

More quiet: Tokyo Dining--which I LOVE after a crazy day of crowds and noise, Narcoossee's, The Wave, Monsieur Paul. I would expect that the nicer restaurants at The Swan and Dolphin also fit the bill.

If you want a really calm, relaxing experience that feels like you're not even in a theme park resort area, go to Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge and have some apps and beverages.

I'll agree with others who've mentioned The Wave and Tiffins. The Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian is also very quiet and peaceful, and can easily take the place of lunch for my family. :)

I have found that the higher on the price scale you go, the quieter it gets.

That said, I've had wonderfully peaceful meals at California Grill, Narcoossee's, Citricos, Sanaa, the Wave, Tokyo Dining, the Brown Derby, and Jiko.

I've had some absolutely fun, but not-so-quiet meals at 50's Prime Time Cafe, Teppan Edo, Marrakesh, the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, and Whispering Canyon.

For quick service, I second the poster who recommended upstairs seating at Columbia Harbor House, though it is loud in the lower level. Then I would have to choose grabbing food at Les Halles in France and eating outside, getting Flame Tree BBQ and sitting near the water, or grabbing Dockside Diner and eating near the water.

The most quiet meal we’ve had is at monsieur Paul. Brown derby is normally quiet if you don’t have a large party with kids dining at the same time. BluZoo was very quiet. Sanaa has been pretty good in the past. Artist Point used to be but with the new format,I assume that is a thing of the past.

As someone said the trend is more expensive, more quiet. Stay away from any buffets, character meals, and anyplace with shows if you want to have a restful meal.

The noisiest places for me were Cali Grill (as mentioned) and Via Napoli. You literally have to shout at your table mate, or just sit there and nod to everything they say (pretending you can hear them).

I second the outside table for Via Napoli (great for people watching too). Also think Citrico's is pretty quiet & the tables aren't very close together which is a nice change from some of the Disney restaurants.

We rarely do character or "theme" meals. Thus, I find most of the restaurants are fairly quiet.

We usually do TS lunches- so I can't speak for sure as to dinner, but I love Mama Melrose at DHS. It always feels like stepping out of the parks for a quiet relaxing meal to me.

I've eaten dinner on solo trips a couple of times at the bar at Yak & Yeti at AK. The restaurant seemed pretty quiet. We've eaten at Grand Floridian Cafe a couple of times also and found it quiet.

The Wave...and eat right at the start of dinner service. I've found first seating to be particularly quiet at most places.

If possible, offsite too. We had dinner at 4:45 one day at Chevy's in the Crossroads and we were pretty much the only ones there. Same or the famour Hash House A Go-Go.

The quietest meal we had on our last trip was upstairs at Pinnochios. We had the place to ourselves for dinner.

Boma breakfast is actually pretty quiet for buffet! It feels much more relaxing than any of the others we have gone to. I assume because the absence of characters! We really enjoy this one.

Sci-Fi, Coral Reef and San Angel Inn were also pretty quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!