Quietest Time to Visit Disneyworld

@simbaroar--Are you going to Disneyland in California or Walt Disney World in Florida? Please specify.

If you're going to Walt Disney World in Florida, there is no child-free time. Ever. Maybe very very late at night, but even then, there are kids around. Also plenty of adults and many of us traveling without children. I'm pretty sure the same thing is true for Disneyland in California, where my advice would be to stay away from the weekends, since it's more crowded then.

Me and my boyfriend are planning a trip to Disneyland but want to visit at a time that is as child free as possible. When is this most likely to be?
As child-free as possible - never.

We've found Sept the week after Labor Day to be the quietest time. End of Jan/early Feb is quiet. But always a lot of kids.

Me and my boyfriend are planning a trip to Disneyland but want to visit at a time that is as child free as possible. When is this most likely to be?

Hey, simbaroar. :welcome: to the DIS!

First, yes, please specify if you mean Disneyland of Walt Disney World. They are pretty different in terms of planning, busy season, etc. There are always going to be kids around, but the slowest times are going to be in January or February, but avoiding school breaks, which is becoming harder and harder. I find going right before school lets out for a major break works well. For more specific advice, I'd recommend going to the Theme Parks, Attractions & Strategies board for WDW or the Disneyland board for DLR. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Land or World? There's a big difference. You won't find a time when there won't be millions of kids everywhere. There are plenty of times to go when there are low crowds! While there's not "off season" at Disney World any more, if you can go during weekdays I've found that the crowds are significantly lower, even during holiday weeks. For example, Columbus Day/weekend is very busy, but by Wednesday it feels like everyone has gone home. I also think a lot of people avoid the summer now due to having a reputation as being insane (and for the extreme heat) but I went last July over a weekend and was surprised at how few people were in the parks. The pool was absolutely packed though!

After the Rapture.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. If you meant Disney World, my recommendation would be looking into their After Hours events. With Disneyland, I have no recommendations unfortunately as I have never been.

As child-free as possible - never.

We've found Sept the week after Labor Day to be the quietest time. End of Jan/early Feb is quiet. But always a lot of kids.
End of January/Early February is not so quiet anymore... Not in the past couple of years, at least.

End of January/Early February is not so quiet anymore... Not in the past couple of years, at least.

I agree. The last time I remember it being slow during those times is quite a few years back.

The slowest, and by that I mean "slightly less insane," time we have went in recent years was September of last year. This year may have been busier due to Star Wars, not sure.

It's all relative. I've gone the last 2 years end of Jan/early Feb and it was quiet. I hear not as quiet as it was 10 years ago but I have nothing to compare it to. Seemed very nice and slow to me. - about the same as Sept but cooler.

This Sept (2019) was the slowest I've seen it since my first trip in Sept of 2007.
So do you have any advice for simbaroar for a more quiet time than end of Jan/early Feb or early Sept?

So do you have any advice for simbaroar for a more quiet time than end of Jan/early Feb or early Sept?

Actually, I don’t. I keep going during supposedly “quieter” times and then I find it crowded when I’m there.

I’ve been end of January/early Feb in 2011 (very quiet), early December 2011 (relatively quiet), mid-Nov 2016 (moderate), January 2018 (crowded), end of April/beginning of May 2018 (moderate), Memorial Day weekend 2019 (crowded) and end of Sept/early October 2019 (crowded).

I have two trips planned for February 2020, the first week and President’s Day week and I’m expecting both to be crowded but I have a good plan so I’m ok with that.

However, the original question is when will there be less children and I don’t have an answer for that. It’s Disney World, there will always be children and adults acting like children and that is why I love it! 😂

I have two trips planned for February 2020, the first week and President’s Day week and I’m expecting both to be crowded but I have a good plan so I’m ok with that.

I went President's Day week this year. Maybe I was just prepared for it but didn't seem to be any more crowded (by Disney World standards) despite Princess Marathon weekend being at the last half of my trip as well. I was a bit worried because I had read that both run weekends and holiday weeks can increase crowds.

But that's of course not to say Feb 2020 won't be crowded. Just to add to your point that crowds just aren't predictable anymore with so many other things going on that will fill the parks.

I went President's Day week this year. Maybe I was just prepared for it but didn't seem to be any more crowded (by Disney World standards) despite Princess Marathon weekend being at the last half of my trip as well.
I was there, too. A last minute trip with friends who have a 12 year old so it was the only time they could go.

We did a couple of rope-drops and THAT was a mess, but otherwise it didn't seem too crowded to me, either. I was surprised.

I have been the 2nd week of September a long time ago, the intense humidity was a little unbearable when you are used to English weather, but we were amazed how quiet it seemed. The majority of children have returned to school so maybe that was the reason.

I was there, too. A last minute trip with friends who have a 12 year old so it was the only time they could go.

We did a couple of rope-drops and THAT was a mess, but otherwise it didn't seem too crowded to me, either. I was surprised.

I can imagine especially if you were using transportation during the races to get to rope drop. I'm kind of thankful DAH tired me out and let me sleep in instead of doing a DHS rope drop XD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter