Quirky old WDW mementos

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
So I was going through tons of boxes of old stuff in my basement and stumbled across a quirky collection of WDW mementos.

Don’t judge but I found a few of the old toilet papers that I took because they had bubbles on them - I can only imagine reminded me of the parks so I kept them out in my bathroom when I first bought my house. What do you have? They must be like 20 years old but perfectly preserved because they were in a sealed box with Birnbaums from forever ago

I recently found a stash of old WDW shopping bags. I seem to have taken the stuff I bought out and then lovingly folded them and put them away, for what I'm sure I don't know. :confused3

Simple, kinda cheesy...

A sorcerer Mickey toy. When I first went to WDW it was with my then girlfriend and we both bought one... a symbol of togetherness.

We've parted ways for years now, but I still love it to bits :) :lovestruc

Simple, kinda cheesy...

A sorcerer Mickey toy. When I first went to WDW it was with my then girlfriend and we both bought one... a symbol of togetherness.

We've parted ways for years now, but I still love it to bits :) :lovestruc
Love it, Was it one of those spinning ones that would whirl, think I have that in my ottoman that hides my WDW treasures

Love it, Was it one of those spinning ones that would whirl, think I have that in my ottoman that hides my prizes

Nah, it is a plush toy... wow I love the thing to bits. Not only does it remind me that I was besotted with her, but also Disney World :)

Ohhh they were such solid bags - I have those too

Do you use them? I thought about lining wastebaskets with them to use them up...erm, but I just put them away again. I found a bunch of receipts from 1994, too. We had dinner at the Sci-Fi and it cost $33 and some change. I remember we thought at the time that it was really expensive. HAHAHAHAHA *cough*

I am in the process of unboxing after a move and came across the t-shirt I bought from 1975. It has Mickey giving Minnie some flowers with Love written above them. I was 9 and it was a glorious summer and I wore that t-shirt everywhere!!!

I am in the process of unboxing after a move and came across the t-shirt I bought from 1975. It has Mickey giving Minnie some flowers with Love written above them. I was 9 and it was a glorious summer and I wore that t-shirt everywhere!!!

That's a lovely memory :)

My old View Master slides from each land in the MK in the ‘70s are a treasure. The park was even more beautiful then with more trees, benches and less carts shilling crap.

When I helped pack up my DDs things left in her childhood closet when she bought her first house I found a box with her treasures from vacations. I never had any clue this existed which meant she packed it up for moves I guess. Cocktail napkins with Disney monogram. a paper umbrella from our first family meal to ‘Ohana, pressed pennies, Pixie Dust, a leaf, I can’t even remember what else. I was blown away that she’d saved these things since she was seven. I’m not much of a saver, she apparently got that gene from my mother!

Bringing it back to life because it's fun, while digging under my cabinets for haircare supply I discovered a truly magnificent collection of soaps and lotions in all sorts of bottle designs going back ages. I had my kids do a blind smell test of the shampoo to tell me what pops into their minds and it's happiness and Disney in a mini bottle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter