R: Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

dt

Mouseketeer
The recent posts about using mayonnaise to coat chicken has reminded me of this cake.

So for those of you who do not keep eggs around - here's another reason to have mayonnaise on hand. This has been around for years , and it is very good.

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

2 cups flour

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

3 eggs

1 2/3 cups sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup mayonnaise

1 1/3 cups water

1. Preheat oven to 350`F. Grease and flour bottom of 2 (9 x 1-1/2 inch) round cake pans.

2. In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.

3. In large bowl with mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in mayonnaise until blended. Add flour mixture in 4 additions, alternately with water (begin and end with flour). Pour into prepared pans.

4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove; cool completely on racks. Frost as desired.

Serves 12

For those of that want to ask - I have only made this with regular mayonnaise since it is only 1 cup for twelve serviings.

If anyone has used light or reduced fat let us know how moist the cake was.

Wow! I never would have thought to use Mayonaisse in making a cake! That is such a cool idea - thanks for sharing it with us. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter