R - What deserts are you making for Thanksgiving?

Jenn

DIS Veteran
I am doing 2 chocolate cream pies, 2 apple pies from a Martha Stewart recipe, and a raspberry cheesecake torte. My Mom and MIL cook for each family so I am bringing deserts to each house - but probably only eating dinner at one.

I think I will make the 3 Fruit Crisp (from a thread below) and I don't know what else! I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. My Mom and MIL both usually cover all the bases for Thanksgiving stuff at their houses, so I usually concentrate on something fun or different. Sometimes I make appetizer type stuff b/c the guys all have to stand around and munch while they are waiting to eat. I had a wonderful pumpkin cake at a bridal luncheon a few weeks ago and I am working on getting the recipe. If so, I will make that, and DEFINITELY post it!

Good luck with your desserts,they sound great!

I am making apple pie, Tollhouse Pie and bread pudding w/hard sauce(haven't had this in YEARS).

Jenn, how about posting the recipe for that rasberry cheesecake torte?:) Pretty Please?

We're having a big Thanksgiving at my mom's house. Can you believe 26 people?! So there will be lot's of deserts. I made the "Pumpkin Job" (from a post here) to put over french vanilla ice cream, a orange jello salad for my dad (diabetic). He'll have other goodies too...And there will be 2 lemon chess pies, 1 Italian Creme cake, 1 deep dish apple pie, 1 chocolate kiss and p-nut butter cake. That's just what I know of....Lots of aunts bring a dish, so I'm sure it'll be more.

Tomorrow will be a light breakfast day! :)

I'm with Stamper, I'd like that recipie for the rasberry cheesecake torte, too Jenn! Please post it when you have a chance!!

Thanks a million!
Annemarie

Well since it is just DH and I... I told him he had to pick ONE! :) So pecan pie just came out of the oven! :)

Well I changed my mind. I made two pumpkin cheesecakes to take to my Mom's. I am making the apple cranberry puff thing in the current pampered chef catalog. DH doesn't like pumpkin pie or pecan pie or coconut pie and that is what his mom always makes, so I thought I'd take a dessert that he will like.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
Candi

I made for Thanksgiving of course the traditional Pumpkin Pie. Also had individual pound cakes with vanilla ice cream and a butterscotch sauce over the top and sprinkled chopped nuts on top. I made a apple pie that I created myself. It is made three kinds of nuts in the pie and pie shell with a cream cheese base and crumb topping. My MIL thinks she cannot eat sugar and got tired of making sugar free jello for her. A couple of days before Thanksgiving I received in the mail from Light and Tasty a receipe for sugarless spice cake. I made this for her and it was really good and moist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter