Race Day Bib Pick Up from VWL (SW 5K)

disneymath

DIS Veteran
What time would you recommend leaving VWL for the SW 5K if you also had to pick up your race bib at the staging area that morning? Along the same lines, should we be ok on Disney transport or should we plan to taxi/Uber/Minnie van?

There will be 4 of us, first runDisney for all of us and first ‘any’ race for 3 of us. Trying to keep a potentially stressful situation as smooth as possible, so any help is appreciated. (Our flight doesn’t get in until after the Expo closes the day before our race, so race start bib pick up is our only option. We will head to the Expo post race to get our shirts.)

(I posted a similar question a few days ago in in the official 2018 SWDS thread, but think it may have gotten lost in the shuffle.)

My recommendation for leaving just about any resort hotel (VWL included) is to get on the first bus to the start. This is because I've had a bus driver get lost which I will say is not the norm at all but my feeling is better safe than sorry. You will definitely be fine for Disney transport with picking up your bibs assuming they do bib pickup. They absolutely should and I'm sure someone has mentioned this to you before but that's just the standard disclaimer I've got to mention since Disney doesn't advertise the service and considers it a courtesy only to be used in emergency AND something they could get rid of at any time.

My recommendation for leaving just about any resort hotel (VWL included) is to get on the first bus to the start. This is because I've had a bus driver get lost which I will say is not the norm at all but my feeling is better safe than sorry. You will definitely be fine for Disney transport with picking up your bibs assuming they do bib pickup. They absolutely should and I'm sure someone has mentioned this to you before but that's just the standard disclaimer I've got to mention since Disney doesn't advertise the service and considers it a courtesy only to be used in emergency AND something they could get rid of at any time.

Thanks. We did get confirmation from runDisney that we could get "bibs only" that morning; we even included our flight info in the email so they knew we were legit. LOL (The trip is a surprise short weekend getaway trip for a family member ... our flights and hotel were booked before we even realized it was SWDS weekend. He's a runner who has always wanted to do a RD event, so we really wanted to make it happen if we could.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter