Race Insurance?

dobball23

DIS Veteran
I am hoping/planning to do Dopey in 2018! However, I had knee surgery last year and have not yet amped up my training and know it is a risk. I know participants are no longer allowed to defer to a later year if they encounter an injury. Has RunDisney replaced the ability to defer with any type of insurance plan?

I don't think anything is offered through RunDisney. With RD starting registrations even earlier this year, it would be a nice thing for them to offer some kind of insurance. A lot can happen in 11 months, and for what these races cost, that's a lot of money to lose if something unexpired happens.

I am hoping/planning to do Dopey in 2018! However, I had knee surgery last year and have not yet amped up my training and know it is a risk. I know participants are no longer allowed to defer to a later year if they encounter an injury. Has RunDisney replaced the ability to defer with any type of insurance plan?

RunDisney has not added an insurance option at this point. I know at least one travel agent, Acclaim, has what they call an "EZ cancellation" policy if you buy through them. It's not really insurance, but it allows you to cancel prior to a certain date for $50/bib. Unfortunately for Dopey, that's a $200 cancellation charge but it's not as bad as losing the whole entry fee. I think you have until Nov 17th or so to cancel for next year's race.

At least the past couple of years, if you purchase a room reservation through runDisney, you can add on travel insurance which covers the cost of the races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter