Race Packet Pick-up Jan 2015

ksueboo

Mouseketeer
We are arriving on Thursday (hopefully on a flight arriving early afternoon) before our Saturday Half Marathon.
How long should we plan for picking up our race packet? We will be staying at Boardwalk. How often do the buses run? We may browse the expo but we aren't big shoppers.
I am trying to figure out when to make a dinner reservation that evening.
Thanks for any advice and experiences!

The buses run fairly often. Maybe 1 every 10/15 minutes. Once you're there, it may take up to an hour to get through everything before you're back at a bus depending on the time of day you go. If you go early in the day, it may take only 30 minutes once you're off the bus to be back at the bus stop (there is a little walk to get there). Friday and Saturday will be busiest.

Disney Health & Fitness Expo

ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 7, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 8, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 9, 2015
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 10, 2015

I would give it at least two hours minimum to get in and out.I mean it hasnt happened to me but I have seen videos on YouTube showing really long lines.Also You will have to first go to the HP Fieldhouse to get your bib and then to the Jostens center to get your race shirt.If I remember correctly last year there was some race merchandise in the HP fieldhouse but the majority of it was in the Jostens center,the same with the exhibitor booths,most were in the Jostens center with some in the concourse of Champions stadium.I could see someone just getting in and out in an hour if there's no lines but there's so much to see others could spend 4-5.

You really never know tho do you? One year there was a line around the corner of the building to get in and the following, nadda.
This time around I was in and out quickly because there were no lines for the Dopey race! Since there really was no Dopey merchandise for sale, I didn't need to shop.

As for diner, I think I normally eat around 6pm. Remember you have to get up REAL early for the races! If I remember from a whole six months ago (we are halfway there folks!), the first bus arrived at about 315am or something and the last left at 4am. So you will probably TRY to get to bed early...tho...

For the half and the full the resort buses to Epcot start at 3am and run till 5am but the runners should be on them by 4am.For the 5K it's 4:15-5:30 and for the 10K it's 3:30-5am.They then start again at 7am running back and forth from the resorts to Epcot until 9am for the 5K,10am for the 10K,11am for the half and 2pm for the full.

Good info! I think we are going to try for a DTD reservation that evening after packet pick up and hope for a decent bed time. We will plan on 2-3 hours there plus another hour travel time.
Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter