Race Retreat Question

Breelea

Earning My Ears
Hi there!! RunDisney newbie here!! We signed up for the half marathon (woohoo) and we decided to do the Race Retreat. We are staying at POP Century so what time do we need to leave the resort in order to take advantage of the Retreat prior to the race?? I know that there is a walk involved so want to make sure that we don't cut it too close!!

I would try to be on the first buses. I assume you'll have gone to the expo already, and the bus pickup area should be the same for that as for the race, so you'll be able to time your walk ahead of time.

Be sure your stomach CAN handle food before a Half, of course.

when I did Retreat I mainly did it for afterwards. I got there with time to stash my gear bag and walk to the corrals, really. Took advantage after.

Yes, we plan to go to the expo on Thursday when we get to town!!! Do you know what time the first buses start? I was told that I would need to notify the front desk at POP to let them know we are racers so they can set up the bus pickup.

And I am afraid that if I don't eat I won't be able to finish!! Although finding a food that doesn't upset my stomach is the next challenge! We wondered about just using it more for afterward rather than before, but figured we would have stuff to keep there while we ran!!

Yes, we plan to go to the expo on Thursday when we get to town!!! Do you know what time the first buses start? I was told that I would need to notify the front desk at POP to let them know we are racers so they can set up the bus pickup.

And I am afraid that if I don't eat I won't be able to finish!! Although finding a food that doesn't upset my stomach is the next challenge! We wondered about just using it more for afterward rather than before, but figured we would have stuff to keep there while we ran!!

No need to notify anyone you are running. The buses will automatically be there. There are thousands and thousands of runners staying at Disney resorts. The first one normally leaves at 3am for the half marathon.

No need to notify anyone you are running. The buses will automatically be there. There are thousands and thousands of runners staying at Disney resorts. The first one normally leaves at 3am for the half marathon.

Well that is one less thing to remember then!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter