Radio Disney on Satellite!

Snowgod

Blu-ray Movies - Wow!
So you want to listen to Radio Disney all the time. Well now you can. Radio Disney is one of over 100 channels of satellite stations on XMRadio. Check out http://xmradio.com for more info. Those long road trips to WDW will be a little easier because you can hear the same station all the way down I95.:smooth:

Yeah. But here's my dumb question - I went to the web site you have listed, and you have to buy the radio to be able to get the Radio Disney station. Right?

Purely a guess on my part, but it's hard for me to believe that xmradio will survive. The equipment is rather expensive and you have to pay $10 a month for radio service. They are spending quite a bit of cash on promotion right now. I'd be interested to know if anyone on this board would be willing to drop $300 or $400 up front and then another $120 a year just for radio.

That is correct. A satellite reciever in addition to your car radio is required. A number of companies offer radios in a package deal with an antenna(also need a satellite antenna) for about $300. Up here in the great north woods of NH, where mountains and trees do their best to prevent radio signals from reaching a moving car, Satellite radio works very well. I have only found one place that I cannot recieve a signal, parked against the north side of a builing at work. The satellites, named Rock (east coast) and Roll(west coast) are in the southern sky over the equator.:smooth:

PS. a number of car dealers are offering xmradio.

there are sever high end GM cars that have Factory option XM radios. and next year many models fom GM will have the XM radio Option. As with any technology, the prices will come down as more people buy them. $10 a month is not a lot to get 100 chanels, some of which are commerical FREE! I pay almost that much just for HBO per month. and I spend more time changing stations in my car trying to find one not playing a commercial so I really want and am interested in XM. It will be especcially usefull as I prefer to drive from NY to WDW and I HATE static, so I have to chage channels a lot.

Mike

I have XM satellite and it is one the best things I have bought in a long time.
Everyone I have showed it to in my car is fascinated by it. It is great and I think
it is going to take over regular FM radio.

Jay

After a week and a half of use, DW now wants recievers in house and in her car. I lost reception only once and that was when a large mountain south of the road I was on blocked the signal for a few sconds. INCREDIBLE reception, clear sound and the station selection is great.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter