Rafiki's Planet Watch is Now OPEN - See Post #296

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super excited this will be open for our early August trip! DS4 loves trains, so this thread alone has restructured the plans for our trip three times :rotfl2: Time to go revise now that an AK day has fought its way back in!

I’m so excited for this animation experience! Hopefully it will still be there in April.
Do we think we’ll be able to watch vet procedures again when it reopens?

Do we think we’ll be able to watch vet procedures again when it reopens?

Yes - from the Park Blog:

“We are excited to welcome guests back to greet and hug the animals at Affection Section, catch a glimpse of medical procedures at our veterinary treatment window, learn how our animal care experts prepare meals for and care for the park’s animal residents and more.”

This is great news. We have visited Disney World every year since 2008, and I am kind of embarrassed to admit that 2008 was the one and only time we visited Planet Watch. We are for sure looking forward to visiting it again this August, and the Animation Academy is for sure on the to do list. I did it back when it was at Hollywood Studios, and quite enjoyed it. DS was pretty young at the time, and not too happy with how his drawing turned out. He is 15 now, pretty close to 16, so hopefully he will find it a much more enjoyable experience now.

Just booked a FP for July 23- had to call - ( my mde is wacky)
CM that I spoke with has a friend that works the attraction and has been at the conservation station for years - she was told that guests are going to love the new attraction and that there is a lot about history - hmmmm

DD is very excited about the return of the animation class...but it's kind of an odd venue for this. HS seemed like a good fit and definitely needs more things to do.

My trip is in early August and we're hoping to get this as a 4th FP. On the one hand, I would think the location itself would be a deterrent but on the other hand, I would guess this has a pretty low capacity. Any word on capacity?

I'm looking forward to reviews.

but it's kind of an odd venue for this.
The focal point is how animators studied animals before animating the movies and AK animals will be part of the Experience. The focus is also on Lion King:
“Come learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and more.”

I wonder if this will be held outside in the amphitheater with guests using clipboards as they do at AoA? We’ll see on July 11th; FP availability is gone for that day - all the bloggers will probably be there. 😉

The focal point is how animators studied animals before animating the movies and AK animals will be part of the Experience. The focus is also on Lion King:
“Come learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and more.”

I wonder if this will be held outside in the amphitheater with guests using clipboards as they do at AoA? We’ll see on July 11th; FP availability is gone for that day - all the bloggers will probably be there. 😉

So that makes more sense...I wonder what came first though -- did they add the drawing class there and then come up with an explanation? Or did they a LK drawing class would be a good idea?

So that makes more sense...I wonder what came first though -- did they add the drawing class there and then come up with an explanation? Or did they a LK drawing class would be a good idea?
Disney is all about numbers, quotas, and now, Upcharge events. RPW needed major refurbishment to qualify as an upcharge venue.

The Animation class, that is now themed for AK, will keep the numbers up at RPW during the day. Prior to its closing, RPW had few visitors - characters often only had 1 or 2 families visiting them; Doc McStuffins often watched vet procedures during her meet and greet times. 🙂

Disney is all about numbers, quotas, and now, Upcharge events. RPW needed major refurbishment to qualify as an upcharge venue.

The Animation class, that is now themed for AK, will keep the numbers up at RPW during the day. Prior to its closing, RPW had few visitors - characters often only had 1 or 2 families visiting them; Doc McStuffins often watched vet procedures during her meet and greet times. 🙂
Having a FP for that area should help visibility too. I'll be honest, I'm a pretty regular Disney goer, and I went maybe 6-7 trips before I even knew it was there, and by the time I knew about it and planned to go, we hit the first "seasonal" close.

I'm hoping this animation experience is going to be like the one they used to have at HS (MGM back then). It was an actual class with backlit drawing tables and it was AWESOME. I was so sad when that left and I'm so excited for the new one! I got a FP for 8/8 right before the DVC event starts in AK.:bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter