Raglan Road Dessert

may1787

Mouseketeer
If I want to eat at Raglan Road, just ordering a dessert, in early December on a weekday night do I need to make a reservation? I don't want to take out because I've had the dessert before and its better warm, in-house.

Just yourself? If there are several people in your party, yes, if it’s just you go to the bar! Are you talking Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding (my favorite) perhaps w/the 2 sauces? That and the Dunbroddy (?) Chocolate Kiss, are sinfully good.

If it is just you solo, then I would not do reservations and just go to the bar and they would be very happy to bring you your dessert there.

If you want a table (sorry, but I DESPISE the "you're solo, just go sit at the bar" mentality - we have just as much right to sit at a table as a group does), I'd make an ADR just to be safe. I don't know if Raglan Road is on Open Table, but that's a good way to make the reservation and be able to cancel last-minute without charge if you need to.

They are on open table. If you want to be guaranteed a table you'll need/want a reservation.

I prefer to sit at a bar though when I'm solo....tables feel awkward.

I've sat at a table solo before and I'm comfortable with myself so it isn't awkward for me. I don't really want to make a table reservation if I don't have to because it 1) cost money 2) reduces my spontaneity. So, thanks to you all! I will pony up to the bar for Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding, the best bread pudding I have ever had!

They are on open table. If you want to be guaranteed a table you'll need/want a reservation.

I prefer to sit at a bar though when I'm solo....tables feel awkward.

Which is cool. But we should not be forced to sit at the bar just because we are solo. Some of us are fine at tables alone.

I've sat at a table solo before and I'm comfortable with myself so it isn't awkward for me. I don't really want to make a table reservation if I don't have to because it 1) cost money 2) reduces my spontaneity. So, thanks to you all! I will pony up to the bar for Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding, the best bread pudding I have ever had!

A reservation on Open Table a) costs nothing and b) allows for plenty of spontaneity as you can cancel at NO CHARGE even up to just before. But it would save you having to fight the people just wanting to drink at the bar.

Nobody was implying that you have to sit at the bar because you're solo. They suggested it because it's frequently easier as a single person to walk up and sit at the bar.

Maybe I interpreted incorrectly, but when I see “Just go sit at the bar!” it comes off as “you are solo so you should not take up a table”. Maybe because I have been told that at concerts in locations where you can purchase tickets for tables or the bar and have had people - who bought tickets AFTER me - fuss that a single person was taking up a place at a table.

It’s hard to tell tone on the internet, so we tend to read things in the frame of our experiences. If you have been made to feel less-than and that you are only entitled to a barstool because you’re solo, it tends to make your blood boil whenever you see it written “Just get a stool at the bar.”

Maybe I interpreted incorrectly, but when I see “Just go sit at the bar!” it comes off as “you are solo so you should not take up a table”. Maybe because I have been told that at concerts in locations where you can purchase tickets for tables or the bar and have had people - who bought tickets AFTER me - fuss that a single person was taking up a place at a table.

It’s hard to tell tone on the internet, so we tend to read things in the frame of our experiences. If you have been made to feel less-than and that you are only entitled to a barstool because you’re solo, it tends to make your blood boil whenever you see it written “Just get a stool at the bar.”

Dug720, I feel ya. Its hard when people treat you "less than" just because you are solo. But, I try to think positively and believe I was suggested such because then I wouldn't require a reservation and would also not take a table for dessert when someone else may need it for dinner.

sorry, but I DESPISE the "you're solo, just go sit at the bar" mentality - we have just as much right to sit at a table as a group does

Maybe I interpreted incorrectly, but when I see “Just go sit at the bar!” it comes off as “you are solo so you should not take up a table”.

I think the people here were recommending it for ease. Not bc she doesn’t deserve it.

And they are on Opentable with generally tons of reservations and no fee. :)

That's certainly one take. I often eat solo and decide last minute, so I always appreciate knowing places that have bars where I can order full meals, so that I can just pop in as it suits me and not have to worry about figuring things out in advance. Likewise, whenever I see someone post on the Dis dining solo I always let them know if the place they are looking at has a bar that serves the full menu, not because they are 'less than' or 'not worthy of a table' but on the off chance they may find that arrangement easier, and that the information is helpful. I also personally like chatting with the bartenders and getting wine and cocktail recommendations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter