• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Raglan Road on DDP - back today!

Rhonda

<marquee><font color=red>Quote of the Day: <font
Hi! We just got back tonight from a 3-night stay with the DDP.

Our first night we ate at Raglan Road. It was pretty good, depending on what we ordered. There were 4 adults.

I started with a salad that had walnuts and goat cheese on it. Fantastic!! Then, for my entree, I had the Shepherd's Pie. Not great - but not bad. It's not typical - no vegetables. Just a hamburger/lamb mixture on the bottom, with a layer of mashed potatoes on top. No cheese. The flavor is good though. My dessert was a creme brulee - also good.

DH started with a crab appetizer that had a fried shrimp on the top. He said it was very good - but small. For his entree, he had the sirloin - he says it was very good! I don't remember his dessert. :blush:

Our son and his wife started with the "pint of prawns". Bad choice. They say it's for two (and they had to split it with the DDP), but there were only 6 shrimp in the bucket, with a huge pile of lettuce. The shrimp were small. They were disappointed with it. Their dinners were good though - He had the sirloin, and she had the salmon.

Feel free to ask questions! :teeth:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

jonkatony said:
Hi Rhonda, ws it easy to use the DDP at Raglan Rd ?
Yes! Very easy! When we got there, we informed our server immediately that we were on the Dining Plan, and he told us what we could order!

Rhonda said:
Then, for my entree, I had the Shepherd's Pie. Not great - but not bad. It's not typical - no vegetables. Just a hamburger/lamb mixture on the bottom, with a layer of mashed potatoes on top. No cheese. The flavor is good though.

That is a truly Irish Shepherd's Pie - my granny would serve veggies on the side (usually carrots/peas/cabbage) and definitely no cheese! bleh!
Did you try the Bread & Butter Pudding - we thought it was the best dessert on our entire trip.

Rhonda said:
Yes! Very easy! When we got there, we informed our server immediately that we were on the Dining Plan, and he told us what we could order!

What can't you order?

TDC Nala said:
What can't you order?

What I meant was, he explained that we could order an appetizer, entree, N/A drink, and dessert.

The only thing we couldn't order was an appetizer that was supposed to be for 2 -- that would have to be split between 2 people.

When we went last Oct, shortly after it opened, my mom ordered the pint of prawns as her meal since it said "for two" - what a joke! I couldn't believe it was so small - that is def not a free dining plan cutback, it was that small back then...

Glad you had an otherwise good meal, we are returning there in a few weeks!

Great review, welcome back!!!

Eloise

We have ressies there for our pleasure island/DTD night. How was the beer selection and prices if you happened to notice? Im glad to hear about the sirloin because that sounds right up my alley.

NUguyinCrew said:
We have ressies there for our pleasure island/DTD night. How was the beer selection and prices if you happened to notice? Im glad to hear about the sirloin because that sounds right up my alley.

The beer choices are good - prices not too bad. My favorite is the Hard Cider!! :drinking1

This is still on the plan until jan 1 07. They have released the updated dining plan participants, and while there are 3 places in dtd on it RR is still not listed as one of them. Debs site has it listed as back on so maybe Disney has not updated fully yet. :bride: :groom:

Lostgirlz said:
This is still on the plan until jan 1 07. They have released the updated dining plan participants, and while there are 3 places in dtd on it RR is still not listed as one of them. Debs site has it listed as back on so maybe Disney has not updated fully yet. :bride: :groom:

They are still on the 2007 list! :) Here's the link to the 2007 Dining Plan restaurants - right here on the DIS! 2007 Dining Plan Restaurants

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter