Rain !! at OKW

mistermouse

Mouseketeer
Hey all, looks like rain at WDW. We just got back from our first trip home a couple of weeks ago (Stayed OKW 1BR overlooking turtle pond (?). It was great, but lake level was low. Check the Orlando radar - looks like soaking rain coming; may help put out all the fires. We had to leave a day early for VB to escape the smoke. BTW, VB was great. We should probably post a mini trip report for our first ever trip home.

We will be arriving June 10th.
Hoping the fires are out due to DH's respiratory problems!

Linda

Hi there,

I was on a call to Ken Bradshaw at DVC last night doing an add on, he advised us that the smoke had gone and all the fires gone......

Stevie Kay
Inverness
Scotland

98 CBR
ASMO 00
OKW AND VWL 01/07

If you have been to WDW/FL recently, then you know how badly the whole state could use some rain.

Our next trip won't be until Jan....so who knows how it will be....but I'd much prefer to be cold and wet than to be in the emergency room with my son unable to breathe from the smoke. He hasn't had a problem since he was a baby...but we keep ourselves in clean air environments ever since then. I don't even want to think about what a disaster a smoky WDW trip could be for him.....:(

I am glad to hear that they are getting the much needed rain......mostly for the folks who actually live there!

Just returned today. We had Heavy rain on Friday afternoon for a little while then it drizzled for the evening. Yesterday (Sat) was beautiful!!!!!! They are predicting afternoon Thunderstorms every day this week. Hurricane season officially began Saturday!!!!!! We didn't smell any smoke on the WDW property but we did leaving the airport (not heavy though!!)

Here's the weather report from BWV:

I'm looking out of my studio and it's very dark, thundering and raining lightly.

Back to you Ted...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter