• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rain Threat in September/October?

bill'sdj

Mouseketeer
Would appreciate information from those of you who have spent time at FW in Sept/Oct. We will be staying six nights Sept 27 to October 3, 2003. We have reserved two campsites for 13 people total. 5 of the 13 are children, and I am concerned about rainfall amounts, tent flooding, etc... with small children involved. Would appreciate any advise from previous campers. Thanks!!

We've been at that time of year quite a few times. Usually the weather was wonderful. The only time we had rain was when Mitch came through - even then it was only rainy for a day.

You can check out some historical weather data for Orlando here

That time of year is normally not too bad. The everyday afternoon thunder storms of June, July and August are over.

The camp sites are elevated and drain very well so if you have a good tent it will not flood.

However, September is the peak Hurricane month. If one should happen along it can dump 10 to 20 inches or more.

i hate to say it but, we just got back and december is a dry month. NOT!! this was the first time we had rain down there and it was bad. the site we were on had 2" of water on the pad where the tent would of been. our picnic table legs were under water, i am not kidding....so, just beware.
we have been down there many times and never saw it like this. i hope it was just a flook, but you never know what the weather will be.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter