Rainforest Cafe - restaurant reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This table service restaurant is located in the Disney Village, beside Lake Disney.
A varied menu including seafood, beef, chicken and pasta. Some unusual desserts.
This is a popular restaurant with families given the moving animal animatronics in the restaurant. The thunder storms my be frightening to very young children.
For a look at the restaurant press here

There is a gift shop for those you are looking for a gift to remind them of their visit.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

Just returned from DLRP. This was a very typical Rainforest Cafe. If you've never seen one and you have kids, it can be a very nice experience. The atmosphere is set in the middle of a rainforest complete with trees, vines, starry night sky, animatronic apes, elephants, butterflies and other assorted wildlife. Occasional lightning flashes and sounds of thunder and showers add to the effect. There are also a couple large and beautiful fish tanks full of tropical fish.

Food is average to above average compared to my other experiences at Disneyland Paris. More elegant places like Walt's and the Yacht club at Newport Bay hotel offered better choices. But our Rainforest waiter was among the best. He even helped retrieve my daugthers Minnie balloon which floated up to the stars.

Rainforest Café is a must for families with children. At least, my sons love this restaurant.

this resteraunt is defeinatley worth a visit!! in my top 5 fave resterauns of all time! even though the food is not amazing, i like burgers, and the burgers are nice!! what really makes it special is the atmosphere.
i love the thunderstorms they are so cool! last time, me and my boyfriend got sat next to the moving elephant, and just as we asked the waitress to take a picture of us, the elepthant swung its trunk up in the air and sent my mickey ears flying, it was very funny!! they also do very nice cocktails!!

hope i helped
lauren xxxx

we went on our last trip and i loved the scenary and the atmosphere but that was about it, i tried to order a veggie burger but they said they had stopped doing them, so orderd ravioli with cheese - it wasnt nice at all so couldnt eat it. My mums chips were cold, told them and got 2 bowls so that was good. We did eat really late at night and was tired as it was on our first night and had been up since 2am, so we wanted to eat and get back to sleep lol. If we had been more awake i think we would have enjyoed it more then we did.

we went on our last trip and i loved the scenary and the atmosphere but that was about it, i tried to order a veggie burger but they said they had syopped doing them, so orderd ravioli with cheese - it wasnt nice at all so couldnt eat it. My mums chips were cold, told them and got 2 bowels so that was good. We did eat really late at night and was tired as it was on our first night and had been up since 2am, so we wanted to eat and get back to sleep lol. If we had been more awake i think we would have enjoed it more then we did.

wow lucky you ;) :lmao:

we loved the Rainforest Cafe on our visit last October

My youngest son ( then aged 4) loved the theming !

the food was average - good,thought it was reasonably priced for what it was

Would definitely return :)

Here are a few photos I snapped there.
RainForest2.jpg

RainForest1.jpg

RainForest3.jpg

I really like the rainforest cafe, the surroundings are much cooler than most restaurants and its quite different to the norm. I have eaten there on 2 occasions, and have never really had a problem. Also, if you also plan to eat at King Ludwigs Castle, we also got a discount voucher (can't remember how much) for there and vice versa. Hope that helps;)

This was dinner on our first full day. I was travelling with a friend and my sister. We were told that we would have to wait for about half an hour which we used for browsing the shops at Disney Village, so this worked out quite well.

All three of us got some special drinks.

I think this was a Lightning Lemonade, rum, lemonade, blue curacao and sprite:

DSC02020.jpg

While this was a probably a Rainbow Colada (rum, banana, pineapple juice, coconut and strawberry):

DSC02015.jpg

My friend ordered the Rasta Pasta:

DSC02022.jpg

My sister had the Chicken Burger:

DSC02027.jpg

While I had the Hawaiian Burger:

DSC02028.jpg

Everyone was very happy with their meal. I really loved my burger, the barbecue sauce and pineapple went well with the burger and the fries were really good fries, too!

The entertainment was fun, too. We could watch the elephant move about. All in all a pleasant meal. I still think it is a bit overprized, but so is most food at DLRP. For some strange reason however I seem to mind getting overprized food from someone else more than when I get it from Disney :rolleyes1

We ate here on Sunday 21 October at about 2pm and we were seated straight away. By the time we left there was a queue waiting to be seated.

I'm sorry, but I was so hungry I forgot to take any photos!
I had a Rainforest Burger and chips
Husband had Volcano Salad
Dtr had lasagne and chips followed by chocolate pancakes.

The burger was pleasant - but then a burger is just a burger. My husband's salad was enormous and had lots of meat in it and really filled him up. I was worried that he would still be hungry but it was really substantial.
My daughter enjoyed the lasagne and chips as well.
We all enjoyed the meal, but I think Annette's is much nicer and even more filling.
Where the Rainforest Cafe wins is in the decor - the theming is great and you can spend the whole of your meal spotting different animals, butterflies, insects, amphibians etc etc. The moving animals are fascinating as well.

So overall a thumbs up, but personally I wouldn't bother going here if we didn't have children.

I aleady reviewed this, but the computer lost the page!! :sad2:

Right, so:

We ate here at lunchtime. We were seated really quickly by a nice smiley member of staff. We also had a seat near the elephant! Yay!!

DLRP117.jpg

After a short wait, our server came over to take our orders. He was lovely, and really friendly. While we waited for our drinks, I went and took a few photos:

DLRP119.jpg

DLRP128.jpg

DLRP133.jpg

When I got back our drinks were already there... I know we'd ordered large ones, but these were like buckets!! :rotfl: Still, at around four Euros I thought they were good value!!

DLRP130.jpg

Then our starter arrived. We'd order the Combo platter, and it was delicious! All of it... Which is unusual, because normally one thing lets the rest down.... But this was all good! :goodvibes

DLRP132.jpg

When our mains came they were very huge portions!!

Robert had Mojo bones, which he said were lovely and flavoursome, and had very little fat on them, which was good as he hates fatty meats (So do I!)

DLRP135.jpg

And I had the Maui Chicken Burger- This was gorgeous. Full of flavour and loads of chicken, bacon, cheese, everything!! Wonderful:

DLRP136.jpg

We were too full for pudding, so just got the bill. Paid the Server 60 Euros, but that included the tip we left. We also had 20% off from a voucher...

We bought a Cha-Cha frog from the gift shop on the way out:

DLRP141.jpg

I took this photo in the shop, 'cos it reminded me of the talking tree that used to be in mothercare!

DLRP137.jpg

And of course, we stopped to see the croc on the way out....

DLRP139.jpg

Bob xoxoxox

We ate here in April. It was our first restaurant we ate in at DLRP and we loved it. Ds (5) was fascinated by the sound at lights effects and dd (21 months) just sat for ages laughing at the elephant!
The food was nice ... it was warm but not exactly hot. But I'd definitely go back just for the experience. :)

We ate her in January, food was lovely but after a LONG day travelling wasnt able to take in the surrondings like i would of hoped so. Plan to eat here again though.

Hmmmm, we ate there on our very fist visit and didn't like it at all. The food was cold, it was more microwave food rather than cooked there and then. My DD1 had chips, she didn't like anything else and even the chips weren't nice.

We live in London and have been to Rainforest Cafe in London a few times, I have to say there's no comparison with th London one.

At least there're people who enjoyed their food there. Sadly it wasn't us and it was quite pricey...

We ate here in the second week of May. Mostly because DS wanted to, we've eaten here and at other Rainforest Cafes and have found them very overpriced. However, we were pleasantly surprised. We had no trouble getting a table, but we were early at 6.15pm. Service was good and they accepted the 20% discount card with no problem. We had the mixed starter and we shouldn't have - very nice but the main course portions were absolutely huge! There was no way we could finish everything. Next time we might even share a main or a main and starter. DH had the prawn and steak kebabs which were on a skewer so big it looked like a sword! I had the trio of taco salads - lovely but just one of them would have been enough! The children's food was fine but fairly average. And of course the 'show' with the rainforest animals and the thunder was entertaining as usual.
Overall a better experience than we were expecting and we would go back.

I love this restaurant, really good food, servers, atmosphere and not to expensive, would defentailly go again, we also had a really good table.

Although the server did try and give me the kids menu when we entered...and i'm 23!!.lol

We dined here last Friday and thankfully we only had a small wait for a table. We then waited about 30 mins for someone to take our drinks order! We were seated right at the back of the restaurant and apart from one other couple there was no one else there at that time and we saw no waitors! Eventually one did appear and as placed our drinks down and made to go off we said we are ready to order now, you don't have to come back half an hour later! We bothe decided on the Mojo Bones and fries and I have to say they were okay, nothing special and it was warm food, not hot but as it was about 9.30pm we were both starving and would probably have eaten anything by then!:rotfl:

We couldn't finish our meals as they were rather filling and also as it went cold rather quick I didn't really want to eat any more cold ribs and chips! We decided to give dessert a miss as we were really tired, think the cost of our neal tonight was about € 60 for the 2 of us including our 2 soft drinks.

I would go back again and see if we just had a bad night or if the food is always like it!!

We had lunch here on our recent trip for lunch.... We had a fab meal again!!

DLRP08078.jpg

We were the first in the restaurant by a long way, and got sat at the table next to the baby elephant, who I named Trunkie throughout our meal...

DLRP08084.jpg

We ordered large drinks again, which I maintain are like buckets!

DLRP08088.jpg

I really love the theming in here! I think its fab and fun!

DLRP08089.jpg

DLRP08092.jpg

DLRP08097.jpg

Our food arrived, and Trunkie started making a right racket!! :laughing:

Robert once more went for Mojo Bones, so I won't post another pic (Though they are in the background of mine!). I went for Rio's Salad Trio, which is Chicken Ceaser Salad, The River Wild Salad, and the Volcanic Cobb salad, all served in different taco shells.

DLRP08101.jpg

It was the biggest meal I have ever had at DLRP!! Seriously, it was huge! Robert grabbed the menu to check it wasn't meant for two or more people!! The salads were all lovely, and I recommend them all (They bury shrimp at the bottom of the River Wild, just so you know!).... The Shrimp spring roll on top of the River Wild was a lovely touch! If I had to recommend one salad, I would say the Volcanic Cobb is very nice and filling- I loved the dressing! A special mention goes to the lovely garlicy croutons in the Ceaser Salad though- Yum!!

Although I didn't finish my main meal, we still had dessert (Naughty, I know!). Robert had the Phish Food Sundae:

DLRP08109.jpg

While I went for the Cafe Gourmand:

DLRP08110.jpg

Trunkie again began making a racket when the food was placed down- I think he was hungry!!

All in all, a fab meal. The bill before our 20% off from our coupon was about 78Euro. After discount I can't remember, and my maths is terrible! I shall let you all know! Quite an expensive meal, but very worth it in our opinion- We adore the theming, the food, and the lovely lovely staff.

Bob xoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter