Rainforest Cafe - restaurant reviews

The Rainforest Cafe was a last minute decision for us on Tuesday 9th November 2010. I was a bit resistant as no shareholders discount, but this is where we ended up and I’m very glad we did. We were seated straight away quite near the door, under the giant mushroom. I had a lovely rum cocktail, mum had rose wine, and the meal was great.
Sister had the turkey escalope, mum had a starter size Caesar salad, and I had the Fajita Party – wow!
102_4241.jpg

Thankfully mum helped me with these a bit, as there were loads, yum I love fajitas! The chicken was really nice and spicy and you got loads of sauce etc. For dessert, I had banana toffee pancakes (I can never resist any banoffee offering) and sister had some monstrous chocolate brownie ice cream concoction, which she loved. And mum had a Café Gourmand, these were her favourite thing about the trip!
Service was quick and friendly even though the restaurant was full by the time we left. Would definitely go back!

We ate here on Sunday night. We had a meal there a couple of years ago when we came for our honeymoon and it wasnt particularly great but we decided to try again. We had 2 starters and 2 mains between us and the food was barely luke warm. I like the atmosphere in the rainforest cafe but to be honest we wont be going back again after that meal. Our starters took absolutly ages to arrive yet a french couple who were on a table next to ours got theirs within about 5 mins. There are definatly far better restaurants at disney. I have eaten in the rainforest cafe in London a few times and had far better meals.

Action took place on 15 of March, 2011. Cast: Me 929), my friend (29), my DS (5) and friends DS (8).

Rainforest cafe was wonderful. Much better then Mickey's cafe. Ds at first got scared, because we were seated the very moment some lights were switched off, you could hear thunder and rain. But this time I managed to explain DS everything (it's not Armagedon was enough for him:lmao: ). This time I did take pictures!!!!! So there, presenting our Rainforest cafe meal :wizard:
Me and my friend had Savanna Parmigiana - A breaded turkey escalope topped with melted mozzarella and tomato sauce; served with french fries
DSC_0205.jpg

DS had Spaghetti with meatballs
DSC_0207.jpg

Friend's DS had Lasagna with fries.
DSC_0206.jpg

For dessert we had Moelleux au Chocolat - Soft centred chocolate cake on a bed of light custard cream and chocolate sauce
DSC_0209.jpg

And kids had ice cream.

And everything was just delicious!

I can't believe the size of the queue when we left the restaurant. HUGE!! And everybody standing outside.. Oh my, how happy I was to take advice to for 17.00-17.30 dinner. Thank you dis'sers :worship:

I would go back to Rainforest cafe and try something else. Service was very good, staff was nice. So I would recommend :thumbsup2

We ate here on the 15th March as well and it was really good.

We arrived just before 7pm an although there was a queue we were not much longer than 10 minutes before being seated. Enjoyed that Ds (3) could wander around the shop looking at things with his Dad while I waited.

We were seated right next to the fountain. Service was good staff were nice and no complaints with the food. Me and DH had the steak, asked for well done as I like medium to well and it was perfect, Mother-in -Law had chicken ceaser salad which she said was nice but too big and DS had lasagne and chips, he didn't eat much lasagne but that was more him than the food. Ds was also given a light up flashing glass at the end which he loves....

We chose there as it was the end of a tiring day and I thought my son wouldn't want to sit for long but he was so happy spotting animal, counting butterflies and waiting on the thunderstorms we got to enjoy a nice meal, will be on my list for the next trip.

Wendy x

We ate here in Nov 09. It was my first visit and was amazed by the surroundings, the moving animals and the thunder storm. Unfortunately the food was disappointing. The childrens burgers were raw in the middle and the waiting staff rude.
Never the less we returned there yesterday...
We arrived at 11:45, were first in the restaurant and were sat straight away,we ordered drinks which took 25 mins to arrive :( after another 20 mins and 4 attempts to get our waiteress attention we still hadn't ordered. The restaurant was busier and our French waitress seemed to favour the French guests. We walked out at 12.30 as had to leave dlp at 1:30 to begin our return trip to England.
We ended up eating a Mac Donalds on the go, despite having allowed over an hour and half for lunch prior to departing.
I for one wont be returning to the rainforest cafe. Such a shame as such a sour note to have finished our second trip to dlp

We ate here on Thursday 28 July at about 3:30ish. We were having a late lunch,early dinner before our drive back to Eurotunnel.

The surroundings are lovely and my youngest DS was blown away by the thunder storms and the animals moving.

2011_0729Disney110158.jpg

2011_0729Disney110157.jpg

Abbey ordered a Rainforest Ricky to drink

2011_0729Disney110162.jpg

Abbey and I ordered the Rainforest Burger, John the Biggi Burger and Mark the Chicken Tikka. Lewis had a plain cheeseburger from the kids menu. When the waiter brought our order he explained that the kitchen had made mine and Abbey's the Biggi by mistake, but we would only be charged for what we had ordered. The burgers were exactly the same, the only difference being that the Biggi had two burgers instead. I gave my extra one to Mark.

2011_0729Disney110163.jpg

2011_0729Disney110164.jpg

2011_0729Disney110165.jpg

The food was really lovely. As this was an early tea, we had desserts too. I had the Cherry amaretto cheesecake with strawberry sauce and whipped cream (yum)

2011_0729Disney110167.jpg

Mark and Abbey had the Toblerone Tart with Ben and Jerrys Ice cream and whipped cream (this was lovely too)

2011_0729Disney110168.jpg

2011_0729Disney110166.jpg

All in we had a lovely meal here and everyone agreed this will be on our list next time :thumbsup2 We had a 15% discount voucher given to us by our travel agent and the total bill was 111:70E which I thought was really good as we had desserts too.

Review by RoseBug, original post here :)
Rainforest Café

My regret is that we ate here on Friday night instead of popping into Café Mickey so DD could meet Goofy etc. as we never managed to meet them throughout the weekend. However, she loved the theming of the restaurant and we enjoyed our food.

Hubby and I both chose from the Cha Cha (?) 21.90e menu.
I had the chilli, and hubby had the steak (medium - which was very pink and bloody.) My chilli was okay, nothing fantastic and over-priced for what it was, not enough rice and way too many beans in the chilli. Hubby's steak, fries and sauce, he assures me (I wouldn't touch any steak unless it is burnt LOL) was delicious and it was a very good portion. I had the chocolate pudding desert which was DELICIOUS and hubby had the meringue which was very tasty.

DD had the childrens 12e menu and chose chicken nuggets with fries, followed by chocolate smartie mousse (Nestle is banned in my house, but it is so difficult to avoid in France and hubby isn't as ethical as me!)

The restaurant itself is fab, and our waiter was wonderful, very attentive and wonderful with DD, especially when she tried to say Merci! Next time, if it is another short trip, and purely for characters I would go to Café Mickey instead.

We ate here on 21st Feb 12 and I loved the place, we all did. There were 4 Adults, 3 children and an infant.
The detail of the restaurant is amazing, there is so much to look at and I was fascinated as were the kids with the lifelike animals, it kept us entertained. The kids were a bit dubious whenever it thundered but its all part of the fun!
Me and my friend ordered from the Cha Cha menu 21.90 Euros and both of us had chilli, a mammoth portion, there wasn't as much rice as there was chilli but imo there was too much chilli :rolleyes1 we both enjoyed it and were completely stuffed. We also had the choc fondant dessert which was heaven :love:
The men both ordered the fajitas from the normal menu 23 euros which they said were gorgeous and again a very big portion.
Kids menu was 12 Euro, my 2 children both ordered the spag and meatballs and DD informs me it was the best!! We also ordered a chicken nugs which you can't really go wrong with and a shepherds pie for the infant, he's 2 and eats more than any of my kids :rotfl:. That didn't look good but apparently tasted good :confused3 They all had choc smartie mousse and a drink each.
Our bill came to 197 Euros but we also had a bottle of wine (21 Euros) and the men had a couple of pints each plus a couple of portions of chips for middle of table. Bearing in mind your at Disney we thought it was reasonable.
The waiter was very polite and attentive, which was refreshing following Cafe Mickey. I will definitely be going back here x

We ate here twice recently. Once in May 2011 and once in December 2011 (just before Xmas)

Both times the food was OK (not as fabulous as I remember from trips in previous years) My burger was good, but not as good as the one at Annettes or Cowboy Cookout... DD1 loved the 'turkey steak thing' off the set menu. Both DDs love the choc puddings and the nutella pancakes.

Where you sit seems to make a big difference to your enjotment here.... if you are tucked away in the corner behind the shop area there are very few animals and the tables are close together (very)....
If I am seated in this section again I would ask to be moved to the 'main area' near the elephants or the waterfall.....

The tables are much better placed, and you get more attention, plus you can see whats happening during the thunderstorms, rather than it just being 'noisy and dark'

I may well eat here again next time (as Annettes is closed) but would consider ordering off the main menu to get 'more food' rather than the set price option. Plus I would want to sit in the 'main bit' of the restaurant.

NB the bit I found not too nice to sit in is round on the right after the reception desk, sort of behiind the shop... the only animal you can see is a chimpanzee.

I did get my shareholders discount though!

We ate here on Saturday and were pleasantly surprised. Had to admit that we were going there more for the experience than for the food but that turned out to be very good.

I had the Turtle Loni from the Cha-Cha menu which was delicious and the vacherine framboise was to die for. Sister had the burger hawaiian burger and was very impressed by the fact that the pineapple ring was obviously from a real pineapple rather than tinned. Hubby's steak was perfectly cooked and his toblerone dessert got a big thumbs up.

One of the things that impressed us most was the kids menu; we found some of the choices in the park to be very limited with most restaurants having a choice of 2 or 3 main courses. The Rainforest Cafe by contrast had 8 childrens mains most of which met DS's approval. In the end he went for the lasagna which he loved.

Service was good, they were prompt but we never felt that they were trying to rush us out. We got there about 12 o'clock and were one of the first ones in there, by the time we left an hour or so later there was a massive queue.

We ate here on Friday 22nd March, 11.45am. No queue we were seated immediately. I asked for a table near the elephants and thats what we got :) DH and I ate from the set menu, he had the steak (this was 3 ¬ extra) I had the roast chicken and wedges - both mains were lovely, piping hot and big portions. I shared mine with dd (13m old) as they didn't offer a toddler meal. Ds ate from the children's menu and had the chicken nuggets and fries, again a good portion. For dessert I had the raspberry meringue cake and dh had the chocolate pudding - both scrummy, I couldn't finish mine! Ds had an ice lolly. Including drinks we paid 68 ¬. We would eat here again, we loved the elephants and thunderstorms!

We had dinner here 23rd march, Saturday just past 1pm. No queue at all, although some people who showed after us decided they were more entitled and jumped in front of us through the exit.

Kids has kids menu with ice cream, burgers and soft drink. Wouldn't buy kids burger, it wasn't good, worse than McDonalds one.
I had menu cha cha with roast half chicken. It was good, but difficult to eat. wouldn't order again. To tell the truth I did think the choices weren't too good. Probably it's better to give a miss to cha cha menu. But dessert was good. And I also had a non alcoholic cocktail.

DSC_0546_zps90cf8f6c.jpg

DSC_0550_zpse78fb691.jpg

DSC_0553-1_zpsda0cb4f8.jpg

DSC_0558_zps5d6e57d5.jpg

DSC_0559_zps306830ad.jpg

DSC_0560_zpsd8786563.jpg

DSC_0561-1_zps9b8661da.jpg

We ate here twice on our recent visit. The first time was at lunchtime on Monday 18th March. We arrived at about 12.30 and were seated straight away on a table by the Elephants!

I ordered my usual, the Mojo Bones! My Mum had the burrito wrap and Olivia had the Omelette and chips.

My ribs were amazing, so tender they just fell off of the bone! My Mum really enjoyed her wrap but Olivia didn't really like her omelette at all - I tried it and could see why, it was like eating a bit of rubber!

For pudding, Olivia had a chocolate mouse and I had the Toblerone Tart - oh my, the pudding really finished me off but it was delicious.

On the whole, we really enjoyed this meal and I just love the atmosphere inside the restaurant.

On our last evening (21st March), we had planned to do Inventions but Olivia wanted to do Rainforest again, so we went back.

We got there at about 7.45 and the place was quite empty (everyone else would have been watching dreams!) so we were seated straight away again, this time down by the gorillas.

I went for the mojo bones again, my Mum had the Steak & livvy went for Meatballs.

The ribs this time were awful, really dry and hardly any meat on them. :confused3 My Mum's steak was really nice, but again, the Kid's meal really let the whole thing down. The Meatballs were burnt, the pasta was soggy and the sauce was so bitter. I did think of complaining, but by the time the food came out the masses of people who had come from the park were queueing up - therefore finding a free waiter was near on impossible!

Overall, I do still really like the Rainforest Cafe and would eat here again - but definitely at lunchtime rather than dinner.

We ate here on Monday 22 July 2013 at approx 19:20

We were seated immediately and our order taken with about 5 minutes. Our food came out 5 minutes later - very good service :thumbsup2

DH, Abbey and I all had the Biggie Burger

DS had the kids meal with burger, drink and pancakes

The food was lovely, burgers perfectly cooked - we were asked if we would like well done when we ordered - and we were attended to very well by the server.

Very nice restaurant and overlooked I think by many as it's a bit out of the way for dinner. The official shareholders page advises that discount is not applicable in here, however some others had mentioned that they'd got the discount. I asked our server and showed the card and the discount was applied :thumbsup2

Total bill 74.65 including shareholders discount

We ate here on 18th October and loved it. My boys aged one and two loved all the animals and the food and service were great! Hubby had a burger and fries and I had a chicken Louisiana burger and fries hubby got a cocktail in a flashing souvenir glass and I got a milk shake and so did my boys to share we will def be returning here next year!

We ate here on Thursday October 10th 2013 around 7.30pm.

Heres the review - taken from our TR.

Dinner tonight was at The Rainforest Cafe. We were seated at the back near the big Gorillas.
I ummed and aaahed for a few minutes over the menu - the only thing I was decisive on was the cocktail! I ordered a Jungle Runner and two milkshakes for the kids.
I eventually made my mind up and ordered a Louisiana Chicken Burger and the kids had cod nuggets and a cheeseburger both with fries. I had asked for a different accompaniment and had hoped for a jacket potato but our server apologised as it wasn't possible but said I could have the potato gratin. SOLD!! Thats my favourite food in the world! Closely followed by dauphinoise potato.
It was absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't fault it. It was a mix of sweet and white potato. The chicken burger was very tasty too and both kids cleared their plates.
The cocktail was the only thing that wasn't great - bit too strong!
I had the Toblerone tart for dessert (this was my reason for choosing the RFC!) and the kids had the chocolate mousse and it got a big thumbs up.
With discount (10% AP) the total was a little under €56

DD and I ate here on our last night, Friday 1st November. We arrived at about 8pm and had expected a long queue, but were pleasantly surprised when there was only a handful of people waiting. Within about 5 minutes we were seated.

Our table was in the far corner near the gorillas. DD was pleased as they are her favourites. Our server was very attentive and came quickly to take our drink and food order.

I had the Mojo Bones and a Large Fanta, DD had the Shepherds Pie and a Small Fanta.

The food arrived quickly and was nice and hot! :thumbsup2 DD's didn't look great though - it resembled the shape of a microwave shepherd's pie and taste much like it too. She didn’t seem to mind too much and managed to eat ½ of it.

My ribs were delicious though, really tasty and not too fatty! The portion size was good – so i couldn’t fault my choice at all!

For dessert DD chose the Haribo Ice Cream and I had the toblerone tart – since I last went they have changed the ice cream that comes with it to be Ben & Jerry Peanut Butter Cup. This was sooooo nice! I’ve been craving it ever since!

For us the Rainforest Cafe is a must do on every trip and we really enjoyed this visit, too!

Ate here out first evening November 10th, Restaurant not that busy, but we weren't acknowledged or seated for a good 10 minutes, service was very slow (just seemed like their wasn't many staff as restaurant wasn't busy)

Took about 30 minutes to get drinks and food ordered, though the food was delivered pretty quickly (except for one of our 6 meals) the food quality was mixed the burger was tasteless and pretty nasty, but the Caesar salad and fajitas were quite nice ( though the Fajitas didn't arrive until everyone else had already finished their meals )

It was an OK experience, overpriced food and drink with fairly poor service and I can't help but feel it's showing its age a little inside now, wobbly tables, nasty table cloths, Thunder and lightning show pretty poor (sure it used to be more impressive)

I feel like Rainforest Cafe has lost a little sparkle and flair it could IMO do with a little refurb, meals we had at Annette's diner and Planet Hollywood were better tasting, had better service and were cheaper, though they do lack the theming and excitement of Rainforest Cafe for children (Disappointed with how few waiters and waitresses were on roller skates in Annette's this time, only 1 or 2 compared with most of them last trip)

we had lunch here last sunday.

i had the rainforest burger, my mam had fish and chips and ashleigh had pasta and meatballs.

the service was prompt. my mam got her discount with her dream ap. all of the food was good.

on the way in we did notice the staff had put up the saddest christmas tree i had ever laid eyes on. it was so bad it was comical. it was a far cry from the decorations the disney restaurants had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!