Rainforest Cafe - restaurant reviews

We ate here after the parade and it was very quiet indeed. The following I will copy from my TR:
We ordered our drinks and after a while our starter and mains too. For the life of me I can't remember what they were called, sorry! They were, however, delicious. Especially the starter which we could have quite happily eaten four of. Our mains were good too and we didn't have to wait very long at all. Our waiter was very nice even if he did ask if we were enjoying our meal at least five times! Better than not asking us at all though.

Even though we were full we still braved the volcano for pudding! The only thing that we were a little disappointed at was the lack of thunderstorms. I seem to remember them being very frequent, atmospheric and exciting but they seemed a bit half-hearted this time. Maybe because I am older now!

Not sure why I didn't take any pictures of the mains :confused3

We would definitely eat here again but it was quite expensive so would probably just have a main next time.

(I have edited the pictures so that they appear smaller and the right way up but apparently they don't want to appear like that!)

We ate here on weds 19th march two adults and two kids.
Wife and i had the steak from the cha cha menu and a dessert for €52.20. Kids had cod and chicken nuggets, a lemonade each and a haribo ice cream for dessert. Kids menu was €13.50 each. My wife and i had a fanta each at €4.40 each. Bill came to 88.20 then less shareholder discount it came down to 74.95
Food was much better than cafe mickey we thought. Kids loved the interactive animals and the thunderstorms! We always eat here and so far never had a bad experience!

We ate here Tuesday May 20th 2014 at 8pm.

The review is taken from my TR.

We got ready for our dinner reservation which was for 8pm in Rainforest Café.

Here is a picture of the kids menu as it is hard to find online.

We were seated in the central area and had a good view of the elephant. We ordered a la carte and the kids ate from the kids menu. They ordered cod nuggets for DD and the cheeseburger for DS with DD opting for the milkshake and DS the chocolate mousse for dessert. Both myself and Mam ordered the Primal Steak which had a great peppercorn sauce and was a little grisly but still a fairly nice piece of meat. I had the wonderful potato and sweet potato gratin accompanying mine and Mam opted for fries instead. I also had the cheesecake duo but my eyes were bigger then my tummy. The baked cheesecake was ok but the chocolate one was very nice. We all had soft drinks (the kids included in their menu) and the total came to €95 but I think this possibly included a tip.

We ate here on Thursday 27th November around 9pm.

Myself and DH shared a starter which was the chicken pitta quesdilla and was very nice if very doughy.

I had the Rasta Pasta for mains and it was very good. I also had the small side salad to accompany it but this was overkill and ended up being a waste.

DH had the bacon burger and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We shared a cheesecake for dessert and this was also very nice.

Both kids had the pizza and it wasn't great quality - think frozen kids pizza.
They both had mousse for dessert which they liked.

I must add - the menu is not half as extensive as I remember and also - we may have been a bit tipsy :rolleyes1 so I'm unsure of the total bill (which included a beer, cocktail and two kids drinks) but I think with discount was €115 or there abouts. I would return but the kids wouldn't dream of ordering pizza again!

We just spent a week in the South of France, and the kids suddenly got all DLP sentimental on me!

We've not been to the parks for 3 years now, so made a diversion on the way back and went for a meal at the Rainforest Cafe.

10pm, and very busy, but got a great table in front of the smaller elephant.

The 3rd time we've eaten at the cafe and to be honest I found it pretty average the 1st couple of times.

However.....this time it was really nice :-)

Between us we had the appetizers, the ribs, the primal steak and a couple of pasta dishes and everything was well cooked and really tasty.

The service was also very friendly.

Would definitely recommend it at the moment for atmosphere and food quality!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts