Rainforest Cafe

Yep,
Pretty much identical!!

Melanie

In a word, yes. However, I felt that the "pace" was more relaxed at DTD than the AK one. At AK it felt a little rushed -- but maybe that was the thrill of being at the park and being anxious to get back to the "fun"? The service seemed "better" at DTD -- the food was hotter and overall the servers seemed more attentive. Now again that might have been due to the location and DTD not being as crowded.

DH and I ate here for breakfast on our last visit and it was very relaxed and the service was excellent. We arrived early so the restaurant was not busy at all (that may have been one reason for the great service;) ), and we didn't have kids with us so we didn't feel rushed to get into the park!

I guess overall it depends on what you are looking for. We have eaten at the DTD restaurant as well and have had really great experiences and also a couple that were horrible. I think with either one it's probably hit or miss.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I agree that each restaurant must have it's good times and bad times. We had wonderful service and food at AK but this past weekend we had lunch at DTD and the service was horrible! We did have a party of 8 so that may have contributed to it but everything seemed to take forever...from drinks to food to the final bill!

Food and theming is exactly the same IMO but it really depends on what time of day you go for the service, I think. Our AK experience was early in the day when AK first opened and there was nobody around. DTD, on the other hand, was packed this past Sun afternoon. They only take walk ups for lunch and we did manage to get seated right away but it all went down hill from there!:D

Thanks everyone for the info. I will be there mid Sept. On "AK day" my plan was to be at the park at opening already full of breakfast and to do/see Dinosaur, Kali river rapids, Kilimanjaro safari, ITTBAB, and Festival of the Lion King then get lunch at rainforest Cafe before the parade. does RC have PS s at lunchtime? Is the plan workable?

Ken

yep, it's the same. The only problem we had at RFC at AK was we did the water ride, Kalahari Falls (?) twice before we went to eat and were soaked all the way through. It was cold in there, so cold all we could think about was getting our food, hurrying up to eat it, paying the bill and getting out of there to warm up. Big mistake.

BTW we went to eat lunch about 12:30 and had no wait.

Anyone know what time RFC opens for breakfast and if we'd need a PS last week in October?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!