Rainforest Cafe?

Chase121698

Earning My Ears
We have never been to the RFcafe and wanted to go in June when we go to WDW. I've hear that some kids are a little frightened of sitting by the apes? Is there any coupons or anything I can get? Do they take reservations? Sorry about all the questions.

Thanks in advance.

i WILL BE 100% honest with you...we have a RF Cafe here in Dallas, and I've nevER been impressed. The food isnt great...you are paying for atmosphere

My 11 month old wasn't frightened. We really enjoyed eating there. The food wasn't spectacular, but it was good and reasonably priced, plus there are a lot of cute souvenirs there. When we were there, they had tons on clearance. We eat bought a hat (didn't realize how hot the sun at AK would be, so we didn't wear any into the park) for $5 each. Can't beat that.

I don't know about reservations, but when we went (October for lunch) there wasn't much of a wait. What wait there was was enjoyable, because there's so much to look at.

I've been to the RainForest Cafe twice in DTD and like it both times. You definitely get your monies worth and just to go to be in the atmosphere is worth it.

We go to the RFC @ DTD every trip. Our two oldest DK's really like it there. Our DD (3) was scared by the gorilla's and the apes when were there Aug 03.

you can always ask to sit in a different room, maybe the one with the elephants.

The menu is very extensive, though we all just had pizzas the last time we went and enjoyed them thoroughly. The DD's like shopping in the store afterwards too.

Make sure you join the Safari Club before you go to save both time and money when you visit - well worth the $15.00 to join.

I wouldn't think that children would be frightened if you sit away from the animals and such... just ask that when they sit you, make sure its farther away from any of the creatures hanging around... that way, your child can see the animals, but not have them really near them.

I have never cared for RFC because I dont see it as a novely. Like another poster said, there is one in Dallas so its no big deal to visit anytime I want. They're just another chain to me, much like planet hollywood, adn I stick with Disney unique places when I vist there. So many choices, so few meals to eat at! But I understand that it IS unique to some... I would def make PS for it, as there is often a looooooooong wait from what I've heard from others on thsi board.

I hope you enjoy it =)

I think the RF Cafe in DTD is definitley worth eating in. I look forward to eating there every WDW trip. A couple of years ago I discovered a RF Cafe here in NY, but I was never overly impressed with it. THe food and atmosphere are great at the one in the Marketplace. Everytime I see children eating there, they always seem to be in awe of the atmosphere, and enjoy their food as well. Give it a try. :D

We went to the one in AK for lunch. There was only a 5 minute wait. :teeth: The food portions were large, the place is beautiful but I was actually dissapointed in the whole thing. The wait for food was long, while the restraunt itself was too noisy for conversation. The elephants & lighting every 5 or so minutes got to be annoying for me. We had to send the kids' cheese pizzas back because it came sprinkled with fresh oregano & the kids would not eat it with "that green stuff" on it. :rolleyes: However, we were able bring back leftovers for DH who was unable to make it.

How small are your kids? That will depend on whether they will be scared of the animals & lighting or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter