• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rainforest Cafe??

TnTsParty

DIS Veteran
We are getting ready for a trip to WDW and I am checking into different restaurants to see which one we want to go to. This trip will be me, my sister and my neice (7 years old) Oct 9-12. I looked at the menu for the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom and it looks good. We figured we could go to AK that day and then go to our resort to relax and then go to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Well I was looking at the reviews on the DISboard review page and it didn't seem like it got that great of reviews as far as service and wait for food time. I asked my friend who has been to the Rainforest Cafe close to us in South Florida and she said its fun but that she would make an extra effort to go to one but that its more about the atmosphere and that its fun for kids. So should we try it? Or is there another restaurant that would be better?

Rainforest has been a must-do for us over the years. We also don't have one anywhere near us so when we go to Disney its still a special place for us.

Food is always good and service has never been terrible. We try and eat at non-peak meal times and have never had a problem with long waits.

The atmosphere is just amazing. On the loud side so don't be expecting a nice quiet meal.

I have always enjoyed the Rain Forest Cafe. My kids love it. The food is fine. I say it is better than Olive garden/Applebees type places. Servings are large.

Kae

I second that the servings are large! DH and I are big eaters and usually have no problem finishing a meal. I have actually suggested this time that he and I split something and then, if we want, share a dessert! Even the kid's meals are big enough to share. We too, make this a must do when we are there. The kids get a kick out of the atmosphere and it's a relaxing break for us from the Park. Go, and have a good time!

We love Rainforest and go every trip, even though we have one close to our home!! Love the atmosphere, the portion sizes, the food is really goos and great desserts!!::yes::

On last trip for first time and food and service were great.::yes:: :wave2:

Thinking of hitting AK on the Friday of our trip (2 weeks, MNSSHP that evening). We'll do express checkout of the WL that morning, probably load our vehicle and drive ourselves to AK. I have a PS for Kona for lunch (check in at the Poly). Should we just skip RC and eat at the hotel since we have a lot going on? We've eaten at the DTD one after checkout before starting our drive home. Would that be a wiser choice again? TIA,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter